About this vacancy:
An exciting opportunity for a detail-oriented, tech savvy SALES ENGINEER with a demonstrated consultative sales ability to promote and sell medical devices to existing OEM customers. This role is based in Memphis, TN and reports directly to the Global Sales Director.
Our client is working on a very dynamic market and averages around 10% growth year over year with excellent perspectives for young talents.
The SALES ENGINEER unique job combines Customer relationships, Project management and Technical solution solving. He/She will evolve in a very friendly multi-cultural environment with a strong autonomy and large interaction across the entire organization from R&D to Operations.
Established in Europe in 2000, our client is an international leader in the development and manufacturing of Orthopedic and Spine surgical instrumentation and implants, with several production facilities in Europe, Asia and North America (Alabama, Wisconsin). Our client employs over 900 skilled and dedicated specialists across the world for a revenue of $150mio globally.
The Memphis office, strategically located between the Methodist Hospital and the Meri Lab, was created in 2006 and is the Sales and Marketing HQ for North America.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Manufacturing or Mechanical preferred. Proven experience in similar industry would be considered.
- Minimum three (3) years medical consultative sales experience interacting with OEMs and direct selling experience to physicians and hospitals.
- Proven Project Management experience (PMP). Certification a plus.
- Manage DFM (Design for Manufacturing) meetings between customers and in-house R&D, Manufacturing and Production teams.
- Know-how of medical devices market and supply chain ecosystem from the point of distribution (OEMs) to the point of use (hospitals) would be highly regarded.
- Ability to communicate effectively with clients, ensuring projects’ steps and milestones, dealing with conflicts resolution while maintaining overall projects’ progress.
- Outstanding communication and negotiation skills dealing with clients while promoting an extensive product offer.
- Ability to grasp complex concepts and translate them into easy-to-relate solutions.
- Monitor the market trends and identify new products/capabilities to be investigated.
- Experience dealing with hospital sterilization centers, nurses, distributors, asset management group, would be a plus.
- Understand and respect Quality standards & certifications (FDA 21CFR, ISO 13485).
- Faculty to interact regularly and effectively with global teams across the world.
- Fluent in English. Additional languages: Spanish or French welcomed.
- Self-motivated, Independent, Driven, Ambitious, Dedicated & Like to have fun working.
- Willingness to travel in North America (up to 40%) as well as internationally.
- Competitive compensation (base + bonus)
- Healthcare package (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- General plan (401K, S-T/L-T disability, Life insurance)