- Driven by always delivering top-notch customer service and value?
- Excited about being part of a 50+ year-old innovative Swedish company with a global footprint in high-quality plastic compounds?
- Happy in a company culture where everyone matters and where the team is hungry to always find a better way of doing things? At Polykemi this is called “Going for Gold”
Our client, Polykemi, is seeking a savvy Sales Engineer to help grow its market share in the United States. The position will be based at Polykemi’s brand new plant in Charlotte, NC, where the company is investing more than $10 million in building its own manufacturing facility for high-quality plastic compounds to better serve its customers in USA and Mexico? Polykemi was founded in 1968 in Ystad, southern Sweden. Today, this third generation, family-owned company has production facilities on three continents with clients all over the world. It is an ambitious and fast-growing company that take great pride in offering customized plastic compounds products with unique and creative solutions that no other company can compete with on equal terms – a bragging right they have earned. For more information watch this video and visit Polykemi.com.
About the Position
This is a great opportunity for a driven Sales Engineer to be part of Polykemi’s rapid North American expansion. You’ll be responsible for marketing and selling the company’s customized polymer solutions, managing existing key accounts, and acquiring new customers across the United States. There is a healthy base of existing clients, mainly in the automotive industry, along with a robust pipeline of prospective customers. The ideal candidate is a motivated go-getter who is eager and able to take initiative. We expect you to be comfortable in a flat and collaborative team environment, where communication is key. Your ability to identify opportunities, create a sales pipeline, qualify leads and build long-term relationships with OEMs, and Tier 1, 2 and 3 suppliers will be keys to your success. This position, based in Charlotte, NC, reports to the CEO for Polykemi – US. Travel of up to 50% is to be expected, mostly in the United States, some to the HQ in Sweden.
What you’ll be doing more specifically
- Realize financial objectives and business development targets for the United States
- Develop and execute plans to increase sales among existing customer-base and acquire new customers.
- Provide monthly forecasts and sales activity reports
- Develop an in-depth knowledge of Polykemi’s products and value proposition and become a subject expert to customer and prospective customers
- Write business proposals and develop sales contracts
- Account management. Develop and maintain customer relations throughout the value chain from direct customer to end user. Conduct regular quality checks to identify and resolve potential client concerns.
- Coordinate outreach activities with Polykemi’s marketing department to ensure consistency in brand strategy and develop marketing and sales materials
- Develop and drive special sales activities to reduce stock.
- Oversee planning and implementation of pilots at customer sites.
- Enter, track, and maintain all prospect interaction and customer orders in company’s ERP and CRM systems and ensure that accounts are in good standing.
- Collect market insights and keep informed on industry news and trends and communicate pertinent findings to company staff.
- Attend industry meetings, conferences, and trade shows of and continuously follow up with new leads and referrals from field activities.
- Contribute to overall continuous improvements as assigned.
What We Expect from You
Your Work Experience & Education
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (Chemical preferred)
- 5+ years’ experience in technical solutions sales with long sales cycles
- Experience in planning and implementing business development and sales plans
- Experience with automotive OEMs and Tier1, Tier 2 and Tier 2 suppliers is a huge plus
- Knowledge of various business functions, operations, and processes (sales & marketing, customer service, logistics, supply chain, finance)
- Ability to prepare documentation such as presentations, proposals, and sales contracts
Your Skills, Traits & Style
- Outstanding ability to develop and maintain strong, long-lasting client relationships
- Great communication skills, both verbal and written; ability to interface and gain trust cross-functionally and cross-culturally.
- Affinity to problem solving, negotiating and time-management.
- Accuracy and efficiency in business development tasks resulting in best possible performance
- High energy and drive
- Creative—not afraid of trying and learning new things
- Pragmatic—you get things done
- Hands-on, Can-do, Can-try approach
What We Offer is More than Just a Job
- A team-focused work environment where your efforts are noticed
- Professional growth opportunities
- An opportunity to be part of an innovative and fast-growing global company
- Competitive compensation and benefits
- Onboarding at HQ in Sweden