- Great at building market success with your passion for selling cutting-edge technology that helps to reduce emissions
- Excited about being part of a company that—every day—takes big sustainability steps to keep people safe and the environment clean
- Thrilled about working for a very cool Finnish company with operations in 80 countries.
Our client, Gasmet Technologies, is seeking a savvy and marketing-minded Sales Director – Americas to help grow its business in North and South America. The ideal candidate will get a thrill from being part of a truly innovative and fast-growing technology company that’s leading the way globally in designing and manufacturing world-class gas analysis systems and emission monitoring solutions for industrial processes, natural gas sources, and work environments. Gasmet takes great pride contributing to keeping people safe and the environment clean by investing heavily in R&D and providing the finest, most reliable, and accurate cutting-edge measurement technology. You’ll be joining a company that embraces an honest culture of friendliness, openness, professionalism, and teamwork—delivering the most optimal solutions to its customers. Gasmet, founded in 1990, consists of the parent company and five subsidiaries located in strategic locations around the world. Its headquarters and factory are in Vantaa, Finland. Gasmet operates in more than 80 countries, on all continents. This remotely based position reports directly to the CEO and CSO at the HQ in Finland. For more information and inspiration watch this video and visit www.gasmet.com.
About the Role
As Sales Director you will have full responsibility for Gasmet’s sales operations in the Americas and the acquisition and development of new customers—both via direct sales and via channel partners and distributors. 90% of Gasmet’s clients are located in North America, some are in Latin America. You’ll be driving Gasmet’s continued growth and expansion by selling analysis systems and emission monitoring solutions for industrial processes, natural gas sources, and work environments. The candidate we are seeking will have a sound commercial background, a successful track record in B2B technical sales, along with contemporary leadership style, and the ability to motivate and develop a sales team. We expect you to understand market opportunities and translate them into actionable business plans. Your ‘Can-Do’ approach and ability to create long-term customer success will be keys to your success. We expect you to be comfortable in an entrepreneurial and international environment where you will pro-actively participate in other business functions and operations of the company as needed. Travel of up to 50% of the time is expected, mostly in North America, occasionally to Mexico and Central- and South America.
Main Tasks & Responsibilities
- Manage and lead the day-to-day activities and operations of the North American team of five located in Canada (sales/engineering/service/admin), and ensure timely and accurate delivery of quotations, processing of orders, etc.
- Prepare and manage annual sales plan & sales budget
- Execute Gasmet’s strategy for Americas to grow profitable sales by mobilizing a variety of channels to market
- Analyze, develop, grow, and strengthen the network of distributors and channel partners
- Meet or exceed sales targets based on approved sales plans
- Create market demand among customer segments
- Produce monthly and annual forecasting reports as well as sales activity reports.
- Stay up to date on industry and customer news, trends and requirements and acquire knowledge of regulations & policies, products, services, competitors, relevant information about legacy, existing, and emerging technologies, and the latest product-line developments.
- Collaborate closely with Gasmet Finland on marketing and outreach activities for Americas
- Travel up to 50% to customers and prospects in North America and occasionally in Mexico/Central America/South America
Your Work Experience & Education:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related technical discipline. Master’s degree is preferred
- 10+ years of experience in B2B technical product selling, delivering profitable growth
- Solid experience in developing and supporting channel partners and distributors
- Prior experience with similar products for industrial customers such as: gas analyzers, emissions monitoring, and/or measurement instrumentation.
- Excellent commercial acumen and experience working inter-and cross-culturally between the US, Canada, and Latin America in an international company
- Experience in managing and inspiring high-performing sales teams communicating vision and setting goals
- Experience negotiating and understanding typical sales and delivery contracts in B2B product business.
- Proficient in MS Suite and CRM systems
Your Skills, Traits & Style:
- Leadership style: super-engaging, dynamic, driven, enthusiastic, articulate, and personable with an affinity for coaching team members to realize their full potential
- High integrity, accuracy, and efficiency in business development tasks resulting in the best possible performance
- Outstanding communication skills, both verbal and written; ability to interface and gain trust cross-functionally
- Analytical and systematic with an affinity for problem-solving, negotiating, and time management.
- High energy, drive, and self-motivation
- Pragmatic—you get things done
- Hands-on, Can-do, Can-try approach
What We Offer is More than Just a Job
- An excellent team-focused work environment with great visibility and appreciation for your efforts
- An opportunity to be a part of a truly innovative and growing international technology company.
- A competitive salary plus performance-based bonus
- Excellent benefits including PTO, health care insurance, 401K, disability, and life insurance
Gasmet is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants for employment are to be considered for employment based on the individual applicant’s qualifications and without regard to race, color, creed, gender, age, disability, national origin, religion, veteran status, uniform service member status, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, genetic information, or on account of membership in any protected category under federal, state, and local laws.