On behalf of our client, UBE America Inc., we are currently seeking a talented Sales Coordinator. This is a great opportunity for a motivated high achiever with sales coordination- and logistics experience ideally in the international trading business with focus on the import of raw materials such as chemicals. Preference will be given to qualified candidates who have knowledge of the Japanese company culture. The position is based out of the company’s main office in Wixom, MI.
UBE America Inc. (UAI) is a US based trading corporation (100% subsidiary of Ube Industries, Ltd.) which is importing mainly to North American territory a variety of product lines from globally located facilities of Ube Group and also exporting raw materials for a member of the Ube Group.
UAI has been responsible for the North American market since 1964 when Ube opened its first representative office in New York and for over 50 years UAI has delivered value to it’s North American customers. As part of B2B (business to business) sales, the company’s products cannot be found in the consumer markets; however they are used in a variety of applications in the Automotive, Aeronautic & Aerospace, Electric & Electronic, Consumer Products and Pharmaceutical industries.
Company website: https://www.northamerica.ube.com/
As the sales coordinator, you will fulfill a strategically important position within the sales team. You will be responsible for all aspects of the sales support operations, including providing customer service, the coordination of logistics functions, inventory control and purchasing functions, assisting with regularity compliance, as well as other administrative duties. While you will be part of a motivated team where each team member is committed to help each other, you will be working/interfacing with cross-functional teams/counterparts located in global various regions. This position will require good communications- and analytical skills, as well as strong Excel skills.
- Process sales data and generate sales reports. Maintain customer- and product specific sales and profit data.
- Receive, process, and confirm orders. Create purchase orders, letters of credit, and sales contracts.
- Issue invoices, document new project inquiries from new and existing customers. Maintain database with new client company information. Create customer contact reports.
- Conduct research activities over the telephone to grasp current market needs.
- Provide quotations to customers. Contact customers to troubleshoot problems as they occur.
- Support the research of market conditions in local, regional, or national areas to determine potential sales of a product or service.
- Assist in the gathering of information on competitors, pricing, sales, and methods of marketing and distribution.
- Support Management in the collecting and analyzing of data on customer demographics, preferences, needs, and buying habits to identify potential markets and factors affecting product demand.
- Prepare information for brochures and presentations. Make necessary arrangements for trade shows, conferences, and other promotional opportunities.
- Perform any other sales support functions and assist Management as required.
- Perform logistics functions. In order to track and coordinate shipments, effectively communicate with suppliers, forwarders, brokers, customers, customs- and warehouse representatives.
- Support inventory functions by taking count of physical inventory and company inventory from sales, shipping, and production records. Prepare list of products, materials, and parts necessary. Troubleshoot inventory problems in a timely manner.
- Competitive compensation package including excellent benefits
- In this position you will report directly to the General Manager of the Fine Chemical
- Great career opportunity with growing international company.
- Extensive on the job training.
The ideal candidate will have experience in the international trade business (Import) or global transport & logistics industry and has knowledge of the Japanese company culture with the following qualifications:
- Minimum associates degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in international trade industry with strong knowledge of import logistics.
- Experience with SAP or different ERP system.
- Good communication skills, verbal and written (English).
- Good Microsoft Windows- and Microsoft Office skills. Excellent Excel skills are required.
- Quick learner and able to adapt to new working environment.
- Mathematical skills: Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry and to draw and interpret bar graphs. Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, and percentage.
- Ability to analyze and use various documents (contracts, purchase orders, etc.).
- Good organizational skills; attention to detail.
- Works well in a cross-functional team setting.