This position will manage, build, drive and achieve Plymovent’s sales objectives for the “Industrial Products” product range in the United States in conjunction with management and the organization’s business plans (annual, short and long term)
Time allocation of 70% commercial (i.e. sales and business development) and 30% technical (i.e. technical design, training, customer support).
Summary of Essential Job Functions
- Achieve sales targets and business development objectives through effectively identifying, realigning, building and managing distribution channels and creating and managing a sales pipeline through generating, developing and closing leads with end customers.
- Distributor development and support.
- Conduct sales and training meetings as required, i.e. communicating sales initiatives, market and regulatory trends and product, installation, service and maintenance training for exclusive distributors.
- Commercially: working with distributors on their annual business plans, sales objectives and engineered solutions model for Plymovent product; supporting distributor sales and marketing initiatives and engineered solution deals when required including value propositions, quotations, designs and closing deals; together with sales colleagues arrange annual national distributor meeting and commercial oriented webinars when required.
- Technically: on-going technical training, i.e. products, engineered solutions, system engineering and design.
- Work with Management in creating and executing annual sales plan and budget.
- Work with Sales colleagues, Technical Sales Support and Customer Service/Order Entry personnel.
- Analyze market and competitive landscape providing product, market positioning and sales strategy feedback.
- Develop the engineered solutions market and contractors including building relations with key companies and creating awareness of Plymovent as specified product.
- Assess new markets and propose new business opportunities.
- Align with Marketing to create effective advertising, direct marketing campaigns and tradeshows to generate sales leads.
- Identify, support and attend key sales events and tradeshows.
- Spar with Product Manager and key management to identify market needs, opportunities and actions.
- Support online and ecommerce sales strategies for Plug & Play solutions.
- Manage and update local pricing an d partner distributor exclusivity agreements.
- Formulate reliable annual and rolling sales forecasts for proper demand planning.
- Travel of up to 40% of time throughout USA.
Minimum Professional and Educational Requirements
- Seasoned professional with 10 years’ experience in business to business sales with strong preference in the ventilation/HVAC industry.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Engineering discipline.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and execute tactical sales plans.
- Proven sales results with solid sales management and marketing experience.
- Knowledge of changing regulations and guidelines (i.e. OSHA and EPA) concerning pollution within the industrial environment.
- Possess strong ability to maximize effectiveness of resources and influence others internally and externally.
- Entrepreneurial spirited, solution minded, quick learner who has the ability to drive business.
- Hands-on, self-assured, customer centric professional who has a track record of developing long lasting relationships in industry and understand ROI.
- Work independently and as a team player.
- Excellent organizational skills and strong attention to detail.
- Capacity to think strategically and prioritize sales and business development activities.
- Superb verbal and written presentation and communication skills.