Biesse Group is a global leader in technologies for processing wood, glass, stone, plastic and metal. It designs, manufactures and distributes machines, integrated systems and software for manufacturers of furniture, door/window frames and components for the construction, ship-building and aerospace industries. It operates through 9 industrial sites, 37 branches and 300 agents and selected dealers, exporting 90% of its production. Its customers include some of the most prestigious names in Italian and international design sector.
The ideal candidate, skills and attitude.
We are looking for a dynamic and well-spoken candidate with an Inside Sales or Sales Administration background., professional demeanor and comfortable managing and mentoring a team of 8 working on inside sales/quote generation, logistics, and sales contracts. Strong ability to prioritize assignments, excellent follow up skills, very proactive. A collaborative attitude is essential to succeed in this role.
A minimum of 5 of Sales Administration/Operations/Support experience a must; having a sales or operation background is a plus, a Bachelor’s Degree is preferred.Good experience with Microsoft Word/Excel, Salesforce, Oracle or other comparable CRM/database.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Report directly to the Chief Operating Officer of the North American machinery subsidiary.
- Work with COO, CFO, CCO and legal counsel on all major projects – including pricing,
- promotions, distribution contracts, stock planning and contract negotiations.
- Partner with Canadian Sales Administration counterpart to align job functions
- Coach and mentor a team of eight in the Sales Administration & Logistics department. Track the Sales Administration team’s PTO, perform annual compensation assessments and regular performance reviews.
- Own end-to-end sales process from initial quotation to machine delivery, by overseeing quotes and proposals process to ensure accurate pricing and customer data management.
- Create, track, and maintain dealer/distributor contracts. Perform and validate gross profit calculations for contract negotiations. Validate and calculate employee and dealer/distributor commissions based on various contracts and criteria.
- Coordinate cross-functional activities across departments, including Parts, Service, Finance and Marketing.
- Create and maintain Sales Department policies, procedures, training manuals, and sales-related resource material.
- Train new Area Sales Managers, dealers/distributors, and team members.
- Train and implement new CRM platform with teammates, including developing a transition plan, researching best practices, and managing changes to improve productivity.
- Utilize Quarterly sales forecasts to plan deliveries and achieve budgetary goals.
- Maintain sales data in Salesforce, Oracle, and other software programs.
- Collaborate with HQ in Italy for custom and stock machinery ordering, inventory management and delivery planning.
- Plan, participate and attend annual trade shows and events.