As Safety Engineer, you will be responsible that everyone in the company compiles with health and safety laws and ensures that the workplace meets all legal expectations by actively supporting EPA, occupational health and safety guidelines. You will be successful in your role by establishing policies and procedures that create and maintain a safe workplace. The Safety Engineers reports to the Director of Operations and will play a key role in the organization with the ability to communicate guidelines to a multidisciplinary workforce. Our client is looking for a self-motivated and very detail-oriented candidate with a solid background as safety engineer that can identify hazards at the workplace and actively reduce TRIR rates within Deutz Corporation.
Main responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Develop and execute health and safety plans in the workplace according to OSHA guidelines.
- Prepare and enforce policies to establish a culture of health and safety.
- Evaluate practices, procedures and facilities to assess risk and adherence to the law.
- Conduct training and presentations for health and safety matters and accident prevention.
- Monitor compliance to policies and laws by inspecting employees and operations.
- Inspect equipment and machinery to observe possible unsafe conditions.
- Investigate accidents or incidents to discover causes and handle worker’s compensation claims.
- Recommend solutions to issues, improvement opportunities or new prevention measures.
- Report on health and safety awareness, issues and statistics.
- Create work environment to enhance behavioral based safety in the workforce.
- Reengineer equipment and processes to reduce risk.
- Support all Deutz North America sites to improve safety.
With its headquarters in Cologne (Germany), DEUTZ has a tremendously rich history of more than 150 years and can proudly boast that it established the world’s first engine factory. Today, they employ over 4,000 people and are represented in 130 countries on every continent. In North America they provide a sales, service, genuine parts and application engineering center for the Americas, supporting the DEUTZ product range of 30 – 700 hp diesel and natural gas engines. The U.S. headquarters is located in Norcross, GA and employs over 200 people covering all aspects of marketing and support.
The Deutz Xchange production facility with almost 100 employees was launched in 2008 and is located in Pendergrass, GA. The 60,000 sq. ft. facility serves as the administration hub for DEUTZ Xchange engines, parts and service throughout the Americas.
- BSc/BA in safety management or relevant field is preferred
- Minimum of 6-8 years of experience in a similar role.
- Deep understanding of EPA, OSHA health and safety guidelines
- Ability in producing reports and developing relevant policies
- Good knowledge of data analysis and risk assessment
- Valid CSP qualification in occupational health and safety
- Proven experience performing ergonomic studies, and resolving ergonomic issues
- Must be knowledgeable in air permitting, liquid waste disposal, regulation and compliance