ROBOTICS SOFTWARE ENGINEER
On behalf of our client, Prime Vision Technology U.S. Inc., we are looking for a talented and highly motivated Robotics Software Engineer to join their Autonomous Sorting team which is responsible for implementing a wide range of custom and solution tailored algorithms using state-of-the-art motion planning, control systems and (deep) reinforcement learning techniques while focusing on high quality and results.
This is an excellent career opportunity for someone who has a passion for robotics and automation systems, has a curious mind, and is eager to learn. This is a hybrid position for their U.S location which is currently located in Richmond, VA, but scheduled to move to Northern VA in 2023.
Prime Vision is a global leader in computer vision integration and robotics for logistics and e-commerce. As an award-winning company, Prime Vision designs and integrates solutions using the latest recognition, identification, and robotics techniques to optimize the automation of sorting processes.
The company has developed the concept of Autonomous Sorting, the sorting of shipments by a fleet of mobile robots. In a span of just 3 years, they have gone from a concept and client simulation towards a fully operational sorting system which is currently implemented in 40+ locations in the US (and growing) and being deployed at more clients in Europe and USA.
To facilitate growing customer demand and further improvement of their system performance in the U.S., Prime Vision is expanding its robotics development team. The company is passionate about what they do and are looking for someone with a similar attitude to support them in creating the best solutions for their customers.
As the Robotics Software Engineer, you will be working as part of the US R&D and Intelligent Support Team and closely with the product team in the Netherlands. You are going to focus on the implementation of state-of-the-art Robotics solutions. You will develop, implement, test, and install the robotic system to offer the clients best fit solutions.
You will meet with clients and internal development teams to get to the most efficient and effective solutions. You will spend a lot of time on analyzing the robotic system, improving the platform, developing tooling for analyses, and guiding the field engineers when they are installing the robotic system.
In the future you will also focus on other products of Prime Vision.
Your daily tasks consist of:
- Testing new product releases.
- Developing custom modules for different applications and developing robust solutions to analyze the robotic system and be more efficient at the customer site.
- Analyzing how to Improve our mobile robots act and react in complex and nuanced situations.
- Integrating robotics with peripherals, such as (automatic) roller-belts, controllers, or other equipment.
- Providing technical second line support for robotic systems (on-duty).
- Expected travel will be 10-15%, primarily to go to the customer location(s). You can also expect to travel to the Netherlands for product training.
- Expected on premise activities will be 25-50% of your time
- Competitive compensation package and benefits.
- A hybrid position with the possibility to work flexible hours.
- A business laptop (Linux and/or Windows) and a mobile phone of choice.
- A challenging technical job with lots of space for creativity and development.
- A dynamic and inspiring work environment within an ambitious international organization where you can have a direct impact and make a difference with ample opportunity for career development.
- A very flat corporate team culture, making it a fun place to work.
Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Automation, or Computer Science.
- An equivalent combination of education and working experience may also be considered.
- Profound knowledge about Linux, Cloud (AWS, Azure), GIT and networks.
- Knowledge about the latest technical developments in this field.
- Excellent programming skills in Python and preferably also in another modern language.
- Excellent knowledge of the English language, both oral and written.
- Client- and solution oriented, outstanding customer service skills.
- Excellent organizational skills, able to prioritize workload, detail oriented.
- Team player, positive energy/drive, independent and self-motivated.
- Willing and able to travel 10-15% including travel to Europe (1-2 times/year)
- Must have experience: GIT, Linux, Python