An excellent career opportunity for a proactive engineering professional for a management position with our international client DEUTZ at their remanufacturing facility in Pendergrass, GA.
As the Remanufacturing Engineering Manager, you will be given the opportunity to lead activities required to introduce series engine designs into the remanufacturing process. You will play a key role for the success of the company by successfully collaborating with customers, sales, and service to capture all required engineering data to introduce engines into manufacturing, as well as conducting the engineering evaluations on diesel engines and accessories to ensure compliance with DEUTZ company standards. Our client is looking for a self-motivated and proactive technical expert with (diesel) engine knowledge and ideally a professional background within a remanufacturing environment as well as previous international business exposure. In return, you will be offered a competitive salary, great benefits, and the opportunity for career growth.
Main responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Create engine specs for OE and Distributor customer base.
- Lead production and engineering team in launching new designs and design changes into manufacturing.
- Research, create, and maintain production material system and BOM documentation using SAP.
- Research, create, and maintain machining specifications.
- Determine acceptance / rejection criteria for exchange parts
- Determine identification criteria and create identification documentation for exchange parts.
- Determine technical processes for exchange parts and remanufactured assemblies.
- Determine resources (tools, equipment, infrastructure) needed to accomplish engine remanufacturing.
- Research, determine, and implement plant floor layout and operational methods
- Increase part yield/reduce process scrap.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
With its headquarters in Cologne (Germany), DEUTZ has a tremendously rich history of more than 150 years and can proudly boast that it established the world’s first engine factory. Today, they employ over 4,000 people and are represented in 130 countries on every continent. In North America they provide a sales, service, genuine parts and application engineering center for the Americas, supporting the DEUTZ product range of 30 – 700 hp diesel and natural gas engines. The U.S. headquarters is located in Norcross, GA and employs over 200 people covering all aspects of marketing and support.
The Deutz Xchange production facility with almost 100 employees was launched in 2008 and is located in Pendergrass, GA. The 60,000 sq. ft. facility serves as the administration hub for DEUTZ Xchange engines, parts and service throughout the Americas.
- BS in engineering or technology, BSME preferred.
- 6-8+ years of experience with industrial engines and components.
- Experience working in a manufacturing (machining/assembly) environment.
- Experience with 3-D & 2-D CAD software (SolidWorks).
- Knowledge of and experience with lean manufacturing concepts and methods.
- Knowledge of diesel engine design and applications, including EPA regulations.
- Previous experience in international business desirable.
- German language skills are desirable.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally (< 10%).