On behalf of our client, Bluestone Metals and Chemicals, we are currently seeking a Regional Sales Manager with a focus on the West Coast (CA, AZ, OR, WA, UT, NV). This is an excellent career opportunity for a talented sales professional with good sales experience in the specialty metals & chemicals industry. This is a remote position, ideally located within the sales region along the West Coast. You will work from your home office and cover a large territory hence you must be a road warrior and a self-starter who is used to work independently.
Bluestone Metals & Chemicals (BMC) is the global distribution arm of the Specialty Metals Resources group (SMR). It is supplying high-quality products (Metals & Chemicals) of Cobalt, Nickel, Tungsten, Iodine, Copper, Molybdenum, and additional minor metals & chemicals. Products that are widely used in various industries such as Glass, Ceramics, Pigments, Catalyst, Animal Feed, Powder Metallurgy, Agriculture, Surface Finishing, Paints & coating, Pharma, and other specialty chemicals applications.
The company’s offices & warehouses are spread on a global scale with permanent locations in North America, Europe & Asia. There are currently 4 warehouses in the U.S. The company is headquartered in Cornelius, NC.
Company website: https://www.bluestonemc.com/
As the Sales Manager for the West Coast, you will report to the Managing Director and, after an initial training period, primarily be responsible for the company’s growth and development within the region.
You will be the first point of contact for prospects and clients within the region, while utilizing the sales and marketing support from the sales office in Cornelius, NC. You can expect to travel up to 50% times, primarily within the region.
You will join a highly motivated and collaborative team, which has been very successful in helping the company significantly increase its footprint in North America.
MAIN ACCOUNTIBILITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prospect new customers to introduce the company’s product lines to increase growth and market share.
- Identify customer needs, work through the projects, and provide customized solutions and services to meet those needs.
- At the same time, you will be responsible for providing the highest level of service and responsiveness to existing accounts.
- Generate conceptual customized quotes and proposals in a competitive market.
- Review all quotations with the customers and negotiate the price and terms of the potential sale with guidance from the management team.
- Solicitate customer feedback regarding products, services, price, and performance.
- Stay abreast of all competitor activity and report the information back to management.
- Help prepare and attend trade shows and conventions.
- Competitive compensation package including excellent benefits and car allowance.
- Remote position – Work from your home office
- Extensive training and coaching.
- Great career opportunity with a fast-growing international company.
- Minimum bachelor’s degree, preferred in chemicals, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- At least 5 years of sales experience in the specialty metals or chemicals industry
- Preference will be given to candidates who have experience in selling to a few of the following markets: Glass, Ceramics, Pigments, Catalyst, Animal Feed, Powder Metallurgy, Agriculture, Surface Finishing, Paints & coating, Pharma.
- Knowledge of products end-user applications a big plus.
- Experience in creating quotes and proposals using mathematical skills in a competitive market.
- Entrepreneurship/ Tenacity/ Creativity/ Self Starting.
- Ability to initiate, establish and nurture business relationships.
- Convincing and consultative sales and business development drive.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Work independently and autonomously.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 50% at times, primarily within the region.