We are currently recruiting a Regional Sales Manager for one of our international clients. This is an excellent opportunity for an energetic and assertive sales person with a proven track record in selling innovative capital equipment. Candidates have the choice to either work from home in the NC area or out of our client’s office in Atlanta, GA.
The Regional Sales Manager will lead the sales effort to increase and maximize sales revenue in the designated territory, Southeast (USA & PR), based on routine customer follow-up, active canvassing and regular interaction with customers from both a sales & customer service perspective. Both pre-sale and after-sale activities are required to ensure maximum customer satisfaction and confidence through the establishment as a “trusted advisor” role on a long-term on-going basis. The company’s customer focus is on the food & pharma sector with automated packaging systems. This position will report directly to the VP Sales and Marketing North America.
- Direct technical sales to clients in mainly the Pharma industry and managing the business in such a way that it meets budgeted goals and stated objectives.
- Key account management of blue chip accounts headquartered in territory, establishing and expanding the organization’s reach within these accounts.
- Direct sales to current customers, prospects and leads in the specified territory.
- Indirect sales through established agents and OEM partners and development of new sales channels in the specified territory.
- Lead generation and lead follow-up, establish networking relationship with clients and partners in order to maximize sales opportunities.
- Reporting of sales and competitor activities in territory utilizing the corporate IT infrastructure (CRM).
- Support marketing activities such as exhibitions and congresses in order to create a positive corporate image, in line with the corporate identity and design guidelines.
- Manage all aspects of sales within agreed guidelines and existing corporate policies.
- Conduct/host factory or onsite system demonstrations and acceptance tests and provide convincing presentations to new and existing customers and partners.
- Identify new business opportunities and provide proposals on how to develop them.
- Help clients analyze their needs and provide advice on how OCS equipment can provide solutions. Involve the parent company when required.
- Continuously provide the local management with information on the competition and about their approach to the market place.
- Openly and constructively exchange and communicate with the local management about the needs of the US market, product development in Germany and other important information mutually beneficial.
- 5 years or more in selling complex capital goods – packaging machinery sales experience preferred.
- Cultural sophistication to successfully communicate with the Management of WIPOTEC in Germany.
- Knowledge of the pharmaceutical packaging or process industry. Understanding of Checkweigher and/or Serialization Systems used for Pharmaceutical products preferred.
- Proven record of strong revenue growth and improvement of operating margins.
- Success in relationship building with both Fortune 500 and smaller end-users, as well as distribution channels.
- Willingness to travel in approx. sixty (60) percent of the time, including travel to Wipotec in Germany.
- BS or equivalent technical experience Engineering, Science or Physics.
- Solid technical understanding / Technical affinity
- Home office location needs to be within a 50 miles radius of a major metropolitan area/airport.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills and the ability to interact with and relate to all associates at OCS.
- Analytical, forward thinking and visionary skills that have contributed to measurable success in past positions.
- Strong sales and creative marketing skills and the ability to strengthen existing and to build new and lasting relationships with customers and suppliers alike.
- Good judgment, common sense, and problem solving skills. Must be able to be flexible and adapt to changes while planning.
- Solutions-oriented thinker with the ability to manage multiple projects and expectations of external clients and internal team members. Ability to work well under pressure and manage time effectively.
- Strong in Microsoft Office Suite programs: Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
Compensation for this position is commensurate with experience including base salary, bonus opportunity and a competitive benefits program.
Group Background and History:
WIPOTEC-OCS, Inc. is part of the WIPOTEC Group, Germany. WIPOTEC, was founded in 1988. Today almost 800 employees work at its sole production plant in Kaiserslautern (10 miles east of Ramstein and 75 miles east of Frankfurt). The plant covers about 315,000 sqft. of production area and office space. Additional 200 employees work in international subsidiaries (sales & service focus). Worldwide revenue is in excess of US$150 million. WIPOTEC Weigh Cells are based on the working principle of Electro-Magnetic-Force-Restoration (EMFR) where the load is direct and actively compensated. WIPOTEC is the leading company in the field of ultra-precise and fast dynamic weighing. The company is driven by technology and has a passion for providing state of the art solutions. WIPOTEC has its own mechanical and electronic engineering department. Part of the success is the fact that over 200 staff members are working in R&D. In terms of production philosophy, the company believes in vertical integration and the manufacturing area is designed accordingly. Starting with numerous numeric controlled milling machines it manufactures
its own printed circuit boards, builds its own Weigh Cells and assembles the Checkweighers and Inspection Systems under a single roof. The level of independence from outside sources is part of the company’s success and provides a high degree of flexibility allowing WIPOTEC to be the leader in dynamic weighing technology. The equipment can cover the most challenging of applications such as the multi-lane tare-gross weighing of capsules, just to mention one. Today the Product Inspection Portfolio includes X-ray Scanner for various applications (e.g. density in cheese for detecting holes, contamination detection, product shape inspection in nontransparent packs, etc.) and solutions for modern Track & Trace (TQS-Product line) requirements in the pharmaceutical industry.
History in the USA:
WIPOTEC-OCS, Inc. is a 100% subsidiary of WIPOTEC GmbH. The American arm of the group was established in 1998 and is headquartered outside of Atlanta/Georgia. Target markets of the company are the Food and Pharmaceutical industry (P & F) and Mail and Logistics industry (M & L). Both markets are targeted with specialized teams. Administration, Marketing, customer support and service staff is shared among the two market teams. OCS provides a professionally managed after sales and parts service and replacement parts are inventoried in Lawrenceville, GA.