The primary responsibilities of this position are to grow the market share and develop a loyal customer base through direct selling and the utilization of marketing tools to achieve sales forecast targets. The Regional Sales Manager will be responsible for growing and maintaining sales within an assigned region including recruiting training, and development of channel partners within a specified region.
Job Duties (Including but not limited to):
- Develop, market, and sell all GEMÜ product lines to all applicable accounts within in the applicable region. Those products include the SEM product line and support of the IND (Industry), instrumentation, and PFB (Pharmaceutical, Food, Biotechnology) product lines.
- Utilize specialized distribution in conjunction with developing OEM accounts that offer profitable growth while minimizing conflict
- Oversee and audit distributor’s work at end user level. Responsible for identifying, contacting, and developing new accounts. Once account is properly developed, responsible for smooth transition of account to distribution or direct
- Set up seminars at A&E firms by working with appropriate Product Managers to influence valve specifications and ensure GEMÜ is specified. Follow up with Product Manager and/or Team Leader and Sales Manager to coordinate the specification work, identifying decision makers, and forwarding information to counterparts in
- Supply a project update list for your region as requested by Project Management
- Submit a travel itinerary within one to two weeks prior to
- Submit trip reports in timeframe determined by National Sales
- Perform all related sales tasks as directed by your manager as they appear.
- Manage and coordinate outside sales within defined regional
- Forecast requirements, prepare an annual budget, develop and increase sales revenue to meet assigned
- Develop, implement, and maintain aspects of the marketing
- Analyze market
- Develop and manage
- Assist with coordination of trade shows and attend trade shows as requested.
- Analyze bid requests and specifications for major contracts/projects.
- Follow up on quotations. Provide feedback to Inside Sales
- Manage OEM’s, end users, engineering/contracting firms, and distributors in the
- Utilize sales tools provided.
- Other duties as needed.
Incumbent should be flexible as some early morning, evening, and weekend work may be required as determined by business need. Some international travel may be required.
- Internet and E-Mail
- Understanding of Microsoft
- Excellent communication, problem solving, & customer service
- Knowledge of company’s mission, purpose, goals and the role of the employee in achieving
- Read, write, and communicate using English language sufficient to perform job functions. (Other preferences will be given for special language skills when there is a business need).
- Must be highly organized with excellent time management
- Must be able to prioritize tasks, multi-task, and work well under pressure.
Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university; or three to five years of related experience and/or training; equivalent combination of education and experience. Other qualifications may be identified as determined by the President or his/her designee.
Physical Job Requirements:
- Ability to move throughout all areas of the
- Move objects up to 100 pounds with reasonable
- Stand and/or sit continuously and perform job functions for a full shift with a meal break.
- Physically able to stand, bend, stoop, kneel, reach, twist, lift, push, pull, climb, balance, crouch, handle and move items weighing up to 50 pounds without
- Visual acuity corrected to perform job functions. Ability to distinguish color to perform essential job functions.
- The Company requires any employee who drives consistently for business-related purposes to maintain current automobile insurance and a valid driver’s license. Employees are required to verify current automobile insurance and driver’s licensure by forwarding copies to the Human Resource
- Work is typically conducted in a temperature-controlled environment under fluorescent lighting.
- May be subject to occasional exposure to outside environmental conditions (heat, cold, wind, rain, snow, humidity).
- May be exposed to operation of heavy equipment (i.e. forklift).
- May be exposed to elevated noise level; hearing protection
- Meet deadlines accordingly.
- Meet annual performance evaluation
- Demonstrate commitment to high professional ethical
- Other standards as may be established during the natural course of employment.
- Maintain the integrity of the ISO standard at all
- Ability to travel
- Valid drivers license
- Reliable transportation
- Current auto insurance coverage
- Highly skilled in the utilization of Microsoft products and project management