Our client, Consilium Marine US and MCT Brattberg, is seeking a driven Regional Sales Manager to further strengthen its Atlantic/Northeast position in the Cable Transit market. The ideal candidate will get a thrill from being part of a truly innovative company that’s leading the way globally in high performance and safety engineering for preventing and minimizing danger by preventing the spread of fire, water, gas, chemicals and other hazards substances in high-risk maritime, offshore and land-based environments.
What You’ll Be Doing
This is a fantastic opportunity for a driven Sales Manager to be part of the Consilium and MCT Brattberg’s rapid North American expansion, focusing on developing the Industrial, Power Generation and Refinery market segments. The ideal candidate will bring his/her Can-Do, ‘hunter style’ approach along with a strong track record in industrial technical sales. Your ability to create a sales pipeline of qualified leads and build long-term customer relationships from among suppliers, engineering firms and distributors in the above segments will be keys to your success. This role reports directly to the management team of Consilium and MCT Brattberg. Travel of up to 30% of the time is required, some on short notice.
- Grow the company’s profitable sales of MCT Brattberg product portfolio to existing and new customers from among ship-owners, management companies and shipyards.
- Be an expert on MCT Brattberg’s technology by effectively communicating and marketing key product features and benefits to prospective clients virtually, through phone calls, emails, product demos & presentations as well as trade shows.
- Function as a technical advisor to existing customers and conduct regular visits to customers.
- Assess market data and implement sales strategies; identify business opportunities, new product offerings, and pinpoint problem areas.
- Create business development plans together with your supervisor.
- Meet or exceed quarterly and annual sales targets based on key performance metrics.
- Provide timely and accurate proposals to customers including information on pricing, delivery, terms and conditions of sales.
- Track and record all customer and prospect interactions via the company’s CRM system including producing forecasting reports.
- Keep informed on industry news and trends, products, services, competitors, relevant information about legacy, existing, and emerging technologies, and the latest product-line developments.
- Provide support and feedback to the marketing department to plan and modify product configurations to meet customer needs: promotion development plan (media, frequency, and tools); development of new marketing collateral and selling materials; and selection of trade shows.
What We Expect from You
Your Work Experience & Education:
- BSc/BA with a focus in technical, engineering and/or business administration studies
- 5+ years of proven experience in selling to the Industrial, Power Generation and refinery markets along with a comprehensive understanding of these segments.
- In-depth knowledge of various business functions, operations and processes (sales & marketing, customer service, logistics, supply chain, finance)
- Demonstrated ability of effectively navigating to and communicating with key decision makers to close sales.
- Ability to make analytical decisions that generate growth and meet strategic goals.
- Proficiency in MS Office 365 suite and various business software (e.g. ERP, CRM)
Nice to Haves:
- Experience from working in a multi-cultural, international company
- Experience from industrial sales, preferably with similar product portfolios.
- Technical expertise in safety systems
- Experience negotiating and understanding complex contracts
Your Skills, Traits & Style:
- Outstanding communication skills, both verbal and written; ability to interface and gain trust cross functionally and effectively manage in a matrix organization.
- Ability to build and maintain strong, long-lasting client relationships
- Affinity to problem solving, negotiating and time-management.
- Accuracy and efficiency in business development tasks resulting in best possible performance
- High energy and drive
- Creative—not afraid of trying and learning new things
- Pragmatic—you get things done
- Hands-on, Can-do, Can-try approach
- Uphold Company’s Values, Mission and Vision
What We Offer
- An excellent team-focused work environment with huge visibility for your efforts along with personal development
- An opportunity to be a part of a truly innovative and a fast-growing international company
- An extremely flexible, fun and varied work schedule
- A competitive salary plus performance-based bonus
- Excellent benefits including PTO, health care insurance, 401 K and Simple IRA – retirement plan
About Consilium Marine and MCT Brattberg
Consilium Marine and MCT Brattberg are two separate companies with complimentary product portfolios and expertise that share ONE perfect partnership and safety-first mission: to provide the best engineering and technology that protect lives, the environment and objects of great value. Both companies are headquartered in Sweden and have developed leading global positions in several niche markets in including marine, land, transport and oil & gas.
Consilium develops, manufactures and markets fire safety products and systems in two business areas – Marine & Safety and Safety Engineering. The company has operations in 27 countries around the world, 1,000 employees. 90 percent of sales are outside Sweden.
MCT Brattberg, the original cable transit manufacturer, protects people and property through the design, development of high-performance cable and pipe transits. These are used in high-risk maritime, offshore and land-based environments to minimize danger by preventing the spread of fire, water, gas, chemicals and other hazardous substances. The MCT Brattberg multicable and pipe transit was patented in the early 1950s and since then has become the industry standard because of its high performance and safety features.