For our client (Confidential) we are currently seeking a Sales Manager for the IL, IN, MI, and WI area. The ideal home-based location for this position would be in the greater Chicago area. At least five years of B2B and Channel sales experience in high precision machine tools or parts and fixtures for the industrial and transportation, and agricultural vehicles markets is a requirement.
Our client (confidential) is a global technology leader in manufacturing high-precision machine tools for milling, turning, boring and grinding workpieces of metallic, composite and ceramic materials. Principles customers are internationally active companies in the Aerospace and Turbines, Industrial and Transportation as well as Luxury Goods and Med Tech sectors. In addition to its portfolio of machine tools, our client provides integrated technology and maintenance services that significantly enhance customer quality and productivity.
In the role of Regional Sales Manager, reporting to the VP of Sales, you will be a valued member of the North American sales team. You will be given the opportunity to identify, develop, and maintain existing business relationships within the Region and conduct regular product reviews with Channel partners and key account customers. You must have the ambition and drive to continuously deliver results and meet/exceed expectations to assist the company in gaining U.S. market share. Although you will also be managing a few key-accounts nationwide, your main area of responsibility will be IL, WI, MI, and IN, with a strong focus on the agricultural vehicle market.
Key Responsibilities will include:
- Regularly travel to client sites (at least 3-4 days a week).
- Participate in product training for customers, where needed.
- Utilize CRM (SAP based) sales tools to manage the sales process.
- Prepare CRM weekly sales to call reports and update database as required.
- Prepare pipeline sales reports including open quotes and closed quote status.
- Develop and understand sales plans and objectives and proactively develop plans to achieve sales goals.
- Understand and address both business and scientific needs of customers by engaging in meaningful dialog to determine customer needs.
- Determine how to address customer needs.
- Determine the best channel of distribution to meet customer needs.
- Design and follow up on special quotations.
- Monitor competitors pricing, promotion strategy and report back to the Manager and Product Development Department.
- Prepare quarterly PowerPoint presentation for internal sales meetings.
- Prepare PowerPoint presentations for regional meetings as needed.
- Prepare special pricing requests for large projects.
- Organize Lunch and Learns at Key Accounts for equipment and customer programs.
- Highly competitive compensation package
- Excellent benefits including 401K with company match, and 100% employer paid Health, Dental, Vision, STD, LTD, and Life Insurance
- Great career opportunity with a growing company
- Working from your home office
- Bachelors’ degree
- At least five years of B2B Sales experience in high-precision machining tools/equipment industry with demonstrated sales results
- Experience in working with/through Sales Channels
- Experience working from remote or home office with minimal supervision
- Provides clear and written communications to sell products, communicate facts, and answer questions
- Excellent customer relationship skills and effective communication skills
- Communicates with one or more people at a time in occasionally unpredictable contexts (e.g., meetings with unfamiliar people), using a wide range of formats and styles, and dealing with conflict when necessary
- Ideally resides within the greater Chicago, IL area
- Must have a valid drivers’ license
- Road warrior