With a state-of-the-art manufacturing facility in Belgium, our client now is the leader in producing and supplying value added frozen laminated pastries. They offer Danish pastries, sweet and savory filled croissants and other filled pastries to retail and food service.
Years of experience, continuous investment in R&D helped them to become a strong commercial player with an excellent international reputation, servicing over more than 30 countries. Operating in the U.S. since 2010, their North-American arm, became a fast-rising star.
We are currently seeking to fill the position of Regional Sales Manager Foodservice Midwest who will be responsible for managing the sales and distribution of their high end European laminated dough products in the Midwest territory. This role reports directly to the Director of Sales Foodservice.
The Regional Sales Manager Food service Midwest will drive our client foodservice turnover according to the business plan in the dedicated Midwest territory. He/She will leverage existing relationships with distributors and brokers while identifying new opportunities.
More responsibilities and accountabilities will include the following:
- Research/target prospective volume foodservice and local bakery distributors;
- Scheduling appointments, meeting existing customers in order to review product requires and to determine additional sales opportunities;
- Continually updating all customers on company product selections;
- Interview, train, manage and support broker agencies in expansion markets;
- Effectively execute distributor sales meetings, food shows, and training sessions;
- Force distribution of products via Key/Leverage account placements using existing GPO approvals;
- Manage assigned territory aggressively to ensure annual turnover target;
- Develop a strategy to achieve year end budget/sales objectives and maintain an active quarterly target list/action plan and provide weekly activity reports;
- Build-up a long-term growth strategy based on understanding of competition and key market factors/trends and create an effective business plan incl. plan of action and sales targets, aligned with the overall corporate strategy;
- Continuously evaluates performance and actively reports to the Director of Sales Foodservice;
- Maintaining professionalism, diplomacy, sensitivity, and tact to portray the company in a positive manner;
- Use internal CRM (Salesforce) to document sales and prospecting activity and track KPIs performance;
- Collect and interpret market information (e.g. trends, needs, competitors, new products) and translate into proposals for or corrective action;
- Monitor the administrative processing of all data, (e.g. budget and contract management) and if necessary, take corrective measures.
- Travel requirements up to 50-60%.
- Effective time management, organizational, and strong personal communication skills.
- Ability to manage broker relationships.
- Ability to work independently while working well with others, leveraging strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, and customers.
- Strong technical skills and product knowledge.
- Excellent team player and able to work well under pressure.
- Bachelor’s Degree;
- 5+ years relationships with Large Leverage Operators, key distributors and foodservice brokers.
- 5+ years’ experience managing a multi-state territory.
- Proven sales track record and solid retail distribution background, and ability to close the sale
- Strong negotiator, driven, with a passion for the business, with a strong ability to close deals;
- Outstanding written and verbal communication and strong presentation skills;
- Pro-active, highly-motivated, entrepreneurial, analytical, detail-oriented and problem-solver;
- Willing to travel up to 60% within the Midwest territory.;
- Able to work and thrive well in a multicultural matrix organization and capable of understanding the challenges of an international work environment.
- Competitive Compensation Package
- Health Benefits
- Paid Vacation and Holidays
Location: anywhere in the Midwest territory (remote)