An exciting opportunity for a high-energy, trustworthy, hands-on, and results-oriented REGIONAL SALES MANAGER with extensive experience selling custom products & solutions to the OEM market, mainly for the DEFENSE & MILITARY sectors. Located on the East Coast (based in our office in Miami, FL or remotely close to a major airport), this position will report directly to the VP Sales & Marketing of LMB North America.
The REGIONAL SALES MANAGER is responsible for growing the sales within the territory with a heavy emphasis on prospecting, account penetration and new business design wins. He/she will obtain a strong understanding of LMB products (COTS), capabilities (customizations) and customer applications. Day-to-day sales activities will include quoting and bookings orders, maintaining long-lasting relationships with customers while understanding their business objectives and needs. He/ she will drive new business activities (with identified and unidentified key accounts) to exceed sales targets and the annual operating plan.
Founded over 50 years ago, LMB Aerospace is an international company with offices in France, Singapore, and North America (Miami). LMB Aerospace designs and manufactures high performance fans, blowers and electrical motors for the aerospace, defense, and space markets, specializing in aircraft, helicopter, UAV, marine, electronic warfare, and ground military vehicle applications. LMB Aerospace is jointly controlled by its management team and private equity shareholders. LMB North America (www.lmbfans.com) is the exclusive distributor of LMB products in the Americas, handling sales and providing engineering support needed locally.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prospect and identify potential customers for driving sales of custom products to identified applications within targeted markets (East US territory).
- Develop ability to match LMB custom design capabilities with customer’s needs and drive high value propositions.
- Create and maintain new business opportunity pipeline; identifying key programs aligned with LMB productions/capabilities.
- Penetrate targeted key customers and develop account mapping for technical and procurement sourcing decision makers.
- Develop and foster strong relationships with all key decision markers.
- Participate and represent LMB North America in marketing and trade show activities.
- Accountable for ensuring the execution of the strategic sales plan to exceed sales targets for a particular territory and achieve company goals.
- Effectively communicate value propositions through presentations, proposals, and sales quotes.
- Maintain a sales/booking forecast and provide periodic reports on customer development and sales activity.
- Drive the close of sales with existing and new customers with LMB COTS and custom products.
- Work with internal stakeholders to ensure customer commitments are met.
- Assess the business segment product performance versus competitors and customer expectations.
- Recommend improved sales strategies and product development based on market research, customer feedback and competitor analysis.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Commercial and/or Engineering preferred or proven experience in aerospace/defense industry would be considered.
- Min. 5 years’ experience in Aerospace/Defense with a proven track record of significant accomplishments with custom product sales (ideally within the thermal management business).
- Thermal management products knowledge (high performance heating/cooling systems).
- Direct technical sales experience dealing w/OEM markets (custom products preferred).
- Proven Aerospace/Defense sales experience incl. networking is mandatory.
- Military background or veterans would be highly regarded.
- Highly developed network and contacts with key decision makers (Tier 1s of Defense industry such as Northrop, Raytheon, L3Harris, Lockheed Martin, DRS, Honeywell, Boeing, Collins, General Atomics, General Dynamics, Bell, Sikorsky, etc.…).
- HUNTER sales mentality, cold-calling, hands-on, trustworthy and integrity (80% new business – 20% existing).
- Familiar w/industry standards MIL-STD-810 E, MIL-STD-461 E and RTCA/DO-160 E.
- Strong communications and interpersonal skills at all levels of interaction, internally and w/customers.
- Self-starter, energetic, proven ability to create growth opportunities and close deals, with the drive to achieve goals and objectives.
- Excellent personal organization and time management skills.
- Strategic thinker, not satisfied with status-quo, with strong leadership/influence skills.
- Proficient computer skills in the use of Microsoft Office and web-based CRM.
- Travel required: 50% across East US territory
- MUST BE US citizen or authorized to work for any employer in the US. DOD clearance not necessary.
- Very Competitive compensation package (base + bonus on individual KPIs)
- Health/Dental/Vision individually packaged – 401K match
- Remote work (MIA office visits, when needed)
- Additional personal mileage reimbursement
- Relocation financial support to MIA would be considered