On behalf of our client, a world-leader in premium porcelain and wall tiles for every style and application in residential, commercial and public architecture, we are currently seeking a Regional Sales Manager for the East Coast.
- World-leader in ceramic tile industry
- Reports to VP of Sales
- Distribution and developers channels
- Location – remote/home office
- Sales attitude and strategic thinking
- Travel up to 80%
Our client is a renowned Italian company with a branch in the Nashville, TN area. For 50 years, our client has been remarkably growing and, besides the US, the group is currently present all over Europe, China, and Russia. The North American region being one of the main markets for the company, the Nashville branch also has a manufacturing plant. Besides being one of the top companies in the ceramic tile industry, our client is a true innovator in terms of technology and style. They provide architects, interior designers, and customers with the best ceramic solutions and ensure that both aesthetic function and technical performance exceed market expectations.
This managerial position, with no direct reports, is a crucial role within the Sales Department for the importance of the customers portfolio. This is a unique opportunity to positively impact the company’s overall sales by managing efficiently and effectively the relationships with current customers as well as expand the business in the assigned territory. Overall Business Development will be predominant over Account Management. Your exceptional sales attitude along with people-person skills will allow you to be the customer’s advocate within the company for continuing the successful sales in the assigned region. Moreover, the new collections will allow you to introduce new products, develop the customers’ relationships and position the company in the higher-end of the market.
Other responsibilities include, but are not limited to
- Create and strengthen commercial relationships with traditional distribution channel in the area (Pennsylvania, Delaware, Maryland, Virginia, North Carolina).
- Use your proactive approach to keep track of sales improvement and performance as well as generating new leads.
- Effectively use the company CRM to report activities and communicate with the company to get the appropriate support for the business you generate.
- Participate in trade shows.
- Provide technical training to stores/sales managers and effectively showcase products.
- Train customers on new collections and product categories.
- Degree in Business Administration or technical fields.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in managing a territory in a multinational company or premium product company.
- Experience in dealing with regional distributors as well as local dealers and developers/general contractors.
- A great mix of analytical approach and exceptional negotiation skills.
- Pro activity, humility and work ethics are excellent soft skills to possess.