Regional Sales Manager – East
On behalf of our client, Anton Paar USA, we are currently seeking a talented sales manager to lead the East Coast sales team for their Materials Characterization product lines. This is a great career opportunity for a motivated high achiever with sales experience in the analytical laboratory instruments industry, preferably with a focus on materials characterization. The position is based at the company’s headquarters in Ashland, Virginia.
Our client, Anton Paar USA, is a sales and service subsidiary of Anton Paar GmbH which is globally headquartered in Graz, Austria. The company develops, produces and distributes highly accurate laboratory instruments and process measuring systems, and provides custom-tailored automation and robotic solutions. It is the world leader in the measurement of density, concentration and CO2 and in the field of rheometry.
Anton Paar USA is highly diverse with about 300 employees from more than 20 different countries, located all over the US, Canada, Mexico and the Caribbean.
Company website: https://www.anton-paar.com/us-en/
In the role of the sales manager, you will have the unique opportunity to enhance your career with the world leader in analytical instrumentation and services. You will be responsible for managing the sales representatives and the sales activities of the Particle Characterization, Rheology, and Nano-materials Testing product lines within the Eastern region. The Eastern region includes the east coast from South Carolina northward including West Virginia. The Sales Manager also participates in sales activities for the entire USA such as conferences and seminars. This position reports to the regional vice president.
- Assists the Vice President of the region to build sales territories within the assigned region.
- Interviews, makes hiring and firing recommendations, develops new hires, assigns and schedules work, and appraises performance.
- Reviews and recommends staff salaries.
- Ensures that sales personnel are properly trained and their skills are continually being advanced.
- Sells and assists Sales Representatives with making sales of assigned product lines within the region. Assists with closing sales as necessary. Travels with Sales Representatives to provide training and demonstrations. Reports on progress of staff within assigned region. Identifies and monitors key accounts.
- Manages P&L for assigned product lines within the region. Reviews expense reports. Monitors expenses vs. budget.
- Acquires and maintains a comprehensive knowledge of all assigned product lines by attending in-house technical training courses. Also attends manufacturer trainings at parent company.
- Attends sales meetings and trade shows, and reads industry publications to gain knowledge of competitors’ product strengths and weaknesses within assigned sales territory.
- Transfers sales opportunities that are outside his/her product line specialty to other Technical Sales Representatives via lead share program.
- Covers territories that are open during hiring process.
- Promptly follows up via phone and e-mail on sales leads provided by the company. Independently generates sales opportunities by contacting new and existing customers to discuss their needs, and explain how their needs can be met by the company’s products. Also participates in technical/professional organizations or networking groups, attends trade shows and/or conferences to obtain leads.
- Prepares sales presentations to explain instrumentation capabilities. Demonstrates instruments to potential customers.
- Works with headquarters on requests for quotations (RFQs). Negotiates prices and terms of sales agreements up to the allowed discount level by product line.
- Installs delivered instruments and trains customers on proper usage.
- Ensures that region achieves sales at or above target levels.
- Relays niche opportunities for key or special accounts to appropriate counterparts.
- Manages all aspects of the assigned territory, e.g., developing Sales Representatives, increasing sales, developing and managing customer relationships, conducting product demos, installations, and customer training.
- Maintains proper and correct records of travel expenses.
- A unique and rewarding position within an innovative and rapidly expanding company and service organization.
- A highly competitive salary and excellent benefits package. Relocation assistance if needed.
- Opportunity for professional growth within the Anton Paar organization
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry, engineering, physics or similar field. Alternatively, the worker may have a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration with a strong technical aptitude.
- 3 years of sales management experience and successfully applying business and marketing concepts.
- 3 years of industry sales experience, preferably in the analytical instrumentation field
- Attends mandatory annual technical and occasional manufacturer training courses each year to stay current on new developments in the field; certificates are awarded upon satisfactory completion of each program.
- Excellent verbal/written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong selling, negotiation, and customer service skills.
- Strong business acumen.
- Must maintain a current and valid driver’s license and passport.
- 50% overnight travel throughout North America