As a Regional Sales Manager you will be responsible for an assigned, geographical territory in which you will use your technical foundation and sales experience of scientific capital equipment. Your extensive experience with complex sales cycles including multiple stakeholders will be invaluable in the successful long-term expansion of our client’s market share of scientific measuring instruments.
Your passion for developing strong customer relationships paired with your solid technical foundation have enabled you to establish a proven track record of securing projects by closing deals. You have the unique ability to identify new sales channels, establish rapport with key decision makers and ultimately win the business of the prospect for your employer.
Our client is the world’s largest specialty manufacturer of simulation chambers for scientific and industrial applications. Its range of products and services find use in routine applications, highly specific studies in research and development and in production and quality assurance. Their North American headquarter is located in Bohemia, New York. Some of their clients include Bayer, BASF, Novartis, Aventis, Daimler, Bosch, Siemens, Toyota, Philip Morris, Kraft Food, Nestlé to name a few.
For additional information about our clients please see their YouTube channel:
- Sale of ovens, incubators, constant climate and environmental simulation chambers through distributor’s network and end users.
- Establish and implement sales goals within management guidelines.
- Develop and execute a business and marketing plan to support distributors and focus on end users to target the Scientific Market and the Industrial Market for Temperature Test Chambers.
- Understand and support established sales policies and procedures to ensure sales personnel provide proper and effective treatment to customers.
- Identify and meet with laboratory end users, QC/QA, facilities, production and purchasing personnel.
- Train and assist dealer representatives in the field of product knowledge. Target the market on sales techniques.
- Review and resolve customer complaints in a professional and timely manner as directed and/or required.
- Represent the Company at trade organizations and trade shows as required.
- Travel to customer locations to complete sales calls as required. 50% overnight travel time required.
- B.S. degree in Science or Engineering
- 4+ years of capital equipment sales experience in relevant industry
- Research or quality laboratory experience
- Proven record of successful scientific equipment sales
- Ability to work under tight schedules and drive projects with high speed
- Ability and willingness to travel 50% overnight
- Solid customer service attitude with excellent negotiation skills
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Analytical with a problem-solving attitude
- Excellent remunerations and bonus
- Health/Dental/Vision benefits
- 401k + Company Match
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Car allowance