Erwin JUNKER Machinery Inc, a manufacturer of high-performance grinding equipment is a privately-owned German company specializing in the design and manufacturing of high precision CNC machinery. Since 1962 Junker invents technology where others just apply it. As the worldwide leading manufacturer, Junker offers customer-specific solutions from individual machines up to production lines.
Junker’s manufacturing methods and precision assembly are based on their passion for German engineering and craftsmanship. This philosophy is constantly demonstrated by their team in all stages over the life of the products, from design, assembly, application, and support. They strive to build a relationship of mutual trust with their customers in a spirit of partnership.
Junker is headquartered in the picturesque Black Forest town of Nordrach, Germany and employs over 1500 people in 14 locations.
In this position, you will be given the opportunity to initiate and execute sales activities within the assigned territory. This is a chance to further develop your sales skills while using your expertise in the application of engineering and manufacturing. Your familiarity with advanced manufacturing technologies, grinding and cutting tools further augment your competencies. You will manage and coordinate the development of the Southeastern U.S. sales territory.
With your sound technical background, strong business acumen and above all a strong desire to succeed, you navigate well in high-level technical capital equipment sales settings and understand the customer’s particular needs and translate them into concrete business opportunities.
In collaboration with internal stakeholders in the U.S. and Germany, you will develop machine solutions best suited to the customer’s needs, refine proposals, and evaluate technical solutions with the customer to close orders. Your entrepreneurial drive, ability to work on multiple projects at the same time, ambition, and professionalism are most valued.
- Competitive salary and uncapped commission
- Excellent health & insurance benefits
- IRA with company match
- Company car, laptop, cell phone
- Paid vacation & holidays + sick / personal days
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering, or equivalent from four-year technical school or five to eight years work experience in high-end CNC grinding machine capital equipment sales
- Good understanding of CNC tool grinding technology in a competitive market environment within assigned territory
- Understanding of manufacturing processes for powertrain components
- Strong sales experience and excellent face-to-face communication skills
- Experience selling to OEM and Tier 1 suppliers in automotive, heavy industry, oil & gas, medical, aero job shops
- Established contacts with potential direct customers are desired
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret part prints, form and size tolerances as well as surface finishes
- Strong problem solving, negotiating and time-management skills
- Ability and willingness to travel extensively (75%)
- Comfortable in an international environment; German language skills would be ideal
- Personable with strong presentation skills
- Proactive, enthusiastic, energetic, team player
- Proficient PC skills (Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio)