Icomera US Inc. is looking for a Regional Sales Manager to join its growing sales team. The manager will be based on the West Coast. The ideal candidate will possess strong relationships and proven records of success within public transit. You will be part of an international sales team responsible for driving new revenue from Icomera’s proven connected vehicle solutions. Responsibilities will include bid response, solution design, marketing, business development and relationship management across a range of national and international customer accounts.
We are looking for candidates who possess a strong hands-on attitude, are capable of identifying and qualifying leads, and can identify achievable deals and bring them to closure. The Regional Sales Manager will need to actively lead the business development function in an effective, ‘hunter style’ manner. At the same time, this executive is also expected to be a proactive contributor to the management of the company as a whole. The combination of these professional attributes, skills and experiences are keys for success in this role.
- Build and maintain effective relationships to ensure that Icomera’s portfolio is well represented across a book of business in the Bus and Transit Sector.
- Develop and implement effective sales and marketing strategies that maximize sales opportunities in the Bus/Road and Transit Market in the assigned region.
- Serve as an innovation partner to customers to help communicate what’s possible in today’s digital world, then:
- Work across Icomera business units to define and tailor custom proposals to meet the customer’s specific needs, creating a winning experience that leads to repeat business.
- Identify technology and product opportunities within the marketplace
- End-to-end sales cycle within the assigned region/accounts
- Input from a variety of stakeholders, including: management, engineering, marketing, product delivery, finance, and legal
- Multiple business initiatives in a small company environment
- Complex contract negotiation while working with the Director of Sales, President and legal counsel as required.
- Communicate opportunities and challenges as well as sales forecasts with senior and local management
- Exceed annual sales targets
Your Background, Skills & Experience
- Passionate about cities, transit, and the role technology is playing in bridging the physical with the digital world
- Direct experience with Transit Technologies, Internet of Things (IoT), and/or Wireless telecommunications
- Existing network of professional relationships within the public transport community
- Demonstrated record of success in meeting/exceeding sales targets
- Outstanding presentation and verbal skills, and excellent written communication
- Enthusiastic team player with a strong work ethic, capable of working remotely and across diverse teams
- Able to travel within North/South America and Europe, as needed (Note: Travel up to 50%)
- BA/BS degree (Required)
- Minimum 4 years of Sales experience (Required)
- Strong negotiation, organizational and presentation skill
- Process orientated and have experienced in setting up new processes and working in accordance with these processes
What We Offer You
- An excellent team-focused work environment with huge visibility for your efforts along with personal development in an international environment
- An opportunity to be a part of a truly innovative and a fast-growing international market
- The opportunity to make your mark on the future of technology for transportation
- A competitive salary
- Excellent health care benefits and 401 K Plan
- An extremely flexible, fun and varied work schedule
- At Icomera, you will have the opportunity to work with products that are visible by many users both in North America and worldwide, including passengers for some of the largest train and bus companies globally.
About the Company
Our client Icomera is at the forefront of the digital revolution for public transport. In 2002 Icomera launched the world’s first high-speed Internet solution for trains and is today the world’s leading provider of open Internet connectivity and application platforms for passenger transport and public safety. The company’s award-winning products serve more than 30 million Wi-Fi users in over 24 countries and provide high-speed access for fleet tracking and mission-critical on-board systems. Clients include Amtrak, Greyhound, Siemens, and Bombardier to name a few.
Icomera believes in a better future powered by a Connected Journey. Transport solutions of the future will require more than connectivity – passengers need to be entertained, vehicles need to be monitored and staff need to be kept informed. Together with its application partners Icomera is already meeting these and other needs. Icomera designs and engineers its own systems; they build their own hardware, write their own software and only work with industry-leading partners. Icomera sets the quality and performance standards that all others strive to reach. Established in 1999, Icomera is headquartered in Sweden with offices in the United Kingdom, France, Germany and the U.S. Icomera is part of ENGIE Ineo, a multinational utility corporation focused on the transition to a low-carbon economy. For more information, visit www.icomera.com