Our client, Heliospectra, is seeking a driven Regional Account Manager to further strengthen its Canadian position in LED lighting solutions for greenhouse and controlled plant growth environments. The ideal candidate will get a thrill from being part of a truly innovative company that’s leading the way globally offering the most durable and flexible LED grow light on the market.
What You’ll Be Doing
This is a fantastic opportunity for an entrepreneurial and driven sales professional to join a dynamic and innovative international technology company. The ideal candidate will bring his/her Can-Do, ‘hunter style’ approach along with a strong track record in technical B2B solutions sales. Your competitive spirit and ability to create a sales pipeline of qualified leads and build long-term customer relationships from among growers and commercial producers will be keys to your success. As a Regional Account Manager, you will play a central role in strengthening and growing Heliospectra’s market position and footprint. Travel of up to 30% of the time is required, some on short notice.
- Establish focused solution sales strategy in your territory
- Build pipeline by identifying and qualifying prospects by market segment
- Provide timely and accurate proposals to customers including information on pricing, delivery, terms and conditions of sales to drive sales from initial prospecting to signed contracts
- Manage and grow accounts with existing clients
- Develop and maintain long-term relationships with target clients and channel partner database using external data and market trends
- Meet or exceed quarterly and annual sales targets based on key performance metrics
- Become an expert on Heliospectra’s technology by effectively communicate and market key product features and benefits to prospective clients virtually, through phone calls, emails, product demos & presentations as well as trade shows.
- Track and record all customer and prospect interactions via the company’s CRM system including producing accurate forecasting reports.
- Provide input to help further develop the Heliospectra’s sales process
- Serve as an in-house expert of key competitors and market drivers for Heliospectra
- Stay educated and up-to-date on industry news and trends by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; and participating in professional organizations.
What We Expect from You
Your Work Experience & Education:
- BA or BS Degree with relevant business or technology specialization. Horticultural studies are a big plus.
- Minimum 6 years of documented successful outside sales or account management experience for a technology or innovation-driven organization within Horticulture or Lighting industries.
- Demonstrated ability of effectively navigating to and communicating with key decision-makers to close sales.
- Proficiency in solution selling, relationship building and developing pipelines to drive results.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks in fast-paced environments while meeting deadlines.
- Outstanding stakeholder management skills
- Demonstrated ability to work and communicate in a team-oriented sales environment that allows for collaboration to maximize results. We expect every team member to be humble, candid, and respectful.
- Proficiency in MS Office 365 suite and various business software (e.g. ERP, CRM)
- Ability to travel as needed to support all sales and client needs within assigned territory.
Your Skills, Traits & Style:
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills (both written and verbal) in the English language is a must to present and represent the company.
- Ability to build and maintain strong, long-lasting client relationships
- Affinity to problem-solving, negotiating and time-management.
- Accuracy and efficiency in business development tasks resulting in best possible performance
- Positive attitude, self-motivated, and ambitious with an urgent desire to learn, grow, develop and excel.
- Creative—not afraid of trying and learning new things
- Pragmatic—you get things done
- Must share and be passionate about Heliospectra’s Core Values:
- Innovation & Quality
- Collaboration & Empowerment
- Sustainability & Diversity
- Passion & Integrity
What We Offer
- Competitive base salary and performance-based commission system
- Excellent Health Care Benefits and Generous Vacation
- Continuous training and education opportunities
- An excellent team-focused work environment with huge visibility for your efforts along with personal development in an international environment
- An opportunity to be a part of a truly innovative and a fast-growing international market
Founded in Sweden more than 10 years ago by plant scientists and biologists with a vision to make commercial crop production more connected and resource-efficient, Heliospectra is recognized as the most durable and flexible LED grow light on the market. Today growers and commercial producers across six continents use Heliospectra’s holistic and flexible solutions to consistently increase yields while producing crops that achieve quality appearance, superior nutritional or medicinal value and longer shelf life, harvest after harvest. Heliospectra’s North American headquarters are located in Toronto, Canada. The company is expanding rapidly across the United States and Canada.