We are currently recruiting a “Director redPILOT Business Unit” for our client KNAPP Inc’s redPILOT business unit in Atlanta, GA (www.redpilot.at). This is an excellent opportunity for an assertive software sales person with a proven track record in selling warehouse/labor management systems in the material handling industry.
In the role of Director redPILOT Business Unit, you will become part of the leading global player for material handling systems catering to various markets. The primary function of the Director redPILOT Business Unit is to build Knapp’s redPILOT Warehouse Automation software business in the North American market. You will utilize your understanding of warehouse processes and labor management systems, and your experience selling complex software solutions to expand KNAPP’s incremental revenue and achieve profitable volume growth for their redPILOT business unit. You are responsible to spawn new bid and contract opportunities, to build sustainable customer relationships, as well as to recruit a team and develop the redPILOT business unit. The position reports directly to the SVP Procurement and Customer Service.
- Research the market to identify potential customers and leads
- Work closely with marketing to develop effective advertising and support KNAPP’s efforts at trade shows
- Work closely with redPILOT product development to ensure market requirements are defined and implemented
- Give capability presentations to potential and existing Knapp customers
- Build relationships within the market and be the first to know of projects in the market
- Hire and manage additional redPILOT team members who will be responsible for implementing and supporting redPILOT projects
- Make regular sales calls with potential and existing Knapp customers
- Create and present opportunity briefs in order to obtain internal approvals
- Serve as Sales Project Lead (SPL) on approved opportunities
- Work collaboratively with assigned Knapp personnel and vendors to create solutions that meet customers’ needs and budget
- Produce detailed proposals describing Knapp’s solution
- Produce cost estimates for management approval
- Create effective, accurate and technically correct customer presentations
- Coordinate and lead “kick-off” meetings to transfer sold projects to the project implementation team, accounting, customer service, etc.
- Develop, implement and monitor policies and procedures for the redPILOT Business Unit
KNAPP Inc. is the fast growing US Subsidiary of KNAPP AG, a global player in the field of warehouse automation and warehouse logistics. The company is a leader in the world market among suppliers of intralogistics complete solutions and automated warehouse systems. KNAPP AG delivers innovative solutions to customers in the pharmaceutical, fashion, cosmetic, retail (food/non-food), media, optics, office, tobacco, tools & spares, and 3PL industries all over the world.
redPILOT is a fully-owned subsidiary of KNAPP and was founded in 2017 in Austria to optimize logistics operations. redPILOT offers a specialized software package that runs a logistics application at every operating hour at the optimum level, working as a reliable, effective, and dynamic (co)pilot.
- Base salary + (guaranteed) commission
- Health Benefits and Life Insurance
- 401k with match
- Paid vacation and holidays
- BS/BA degree with minimum 4 years sales experience
- Technical background in material handling, logistics, supply chain or order fulfillment preferred
- Experience with Labor Management and WMS software
- Demonstrated ability to manage and lead teams
- Knowledge/proficiency of Microsoft Office suite and CRM technology
- Ability to think creatively, plan, organize, set goals and execute strategically
- Detail-oriented with ability to multi-task
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Strong relationship building, interpersonal and internal/external networking skills
- Entrepreneurial self-starter with hands-on approach
- Willing to travel domestically and internationally (min. 2 trips per month)