Our client, DESCH, is an internationally operating company in advanced mechanical and plant engineering, that is proud of its roots in the Sauerland region of Germany with a history of traditions stemming back to the early 1900s. As a market-leading drive technology partner, DESCH provides innovative, customized, complete solutions along the entire drive train. DESCH stands for the highest quality and top of the line service. DESCH’s North American locations are in Cambridge, Canada with production, sales, and service. Service Center in Dallas, Texas and Sales & Engineering Office in Akron, Ohio. DESCH has engaged us in the search for an energetic and detail-oriented Quality Specialist for its Service Center in Dallas, Texas.
DESCH NORTH AMERICA IS A PASSIONATE FAMILY BUSINESS STRIVING FOR EXCELLENCE IN DRIVE TECHNOLOGY AND SYSTEM SOLUTIONS.
In this compelling and exciting position, the Quality Specialist supports the Quality Department and ensures all incoming parts and final products are met with the highest quality standards. The successful individual has a high level of attention to detail and prides themselves in their meticulous work and accuracy.
You will be a good fit for this position if you have prior experience in quality assurance in the industrial manufacturing industry (metals and direct materials) and in building a high-quality organization within an international environment with multiple locations across North America.
Your high-energy level, ability to motivate, enthusiasm to participate in a dynamic team who strives for excellence and your passion for detail and quality as well as your eagerness to succeed are most valued.
Objectives and Key Responsibilities
- Responsible for receiving, inspecting and acceptance of parts
- Quality inspection as needed with micrometers, bore gauges, caliper, high gauges, CMM, and other equipment
- Perform final inspections and dock audits
- Support and solve customer concerns and inquiries
- Clearly communicate results of inspections to QA Manager and team
- Assist in carry out of internal auditing
- Verify shipments contents for accuracy, condition, and quality
- Post-Secondary Education/Quality Assurance Certificate
- 3-5 years of Quality Assurance experience in a manufacturing environment
- Experience with CMM programming (PC-DMIS) is required
- Must be able to read and interpret drawings and specifications
- High competency and understanding of Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing (GD&T)
- Knowledge of ISO 9001, AS9100, aircraft industry requirements, and general inspection practices.
- Understanding of Core tools (PPAP, FMEA, APQP, SPC, MSA)
- Understanding of 5S, 8D and other quality system
- Forklift/Reach Truck license preferred
- High degree of attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be comfortable in a fast-paced work environment and possess good interpersonal skills
- Computer literacy and knowledge of Microsoft Office necessary
- Technical background required
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong computer skills including good working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Occasional travel 15-20% of the time
- SAP or similar ERP system experience required
- Entrepreneurial spirit and can-do attitude