Our client Ernst Metal Technologies, with global headquarters in Oberkirch, Germany and over 680 dedicated associates worldwide, has engaged us in the search for an ambitious Quality Manager with strong leadership skills. The firm has an excellent reputation in its specific industry and is internationally active, primarily in the automotive industry. The regional headquarters in Moraine, OH covers sales, marketing and local manufacturing for the North American market and meets the highest quality standards to serve the automotive industries with its IATF 16949, VDA 6.1 and ISO 14001:2015 certifications.
In this compelling and exciting position, as a valued member of the local leadership team, you will be given the responsible for the entire quality program which includes quality assurance, quality control, quality engineering and quality improvement to meet and exceed the demanding customer expectations. You will be leading a team of 25 highly committed individuals and report directly to the President of the company. You will play a key role for the success of the company by ensuring that all quality requirements are met and processes continuously improved. Your experience and familiarity in the automotive industry combined with your IATF lead auditor certification will allow you to be successful in this role. Furthermore, you will be provided with the opportunity to collaborate with your colleagues from Europe, Asia and South America to continuously improve the multisite quality system.
- BS in Mechanical Engineering (preferred)
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a quality leadership role in the automotive industry
- Minimum 5 years in managerial role as head of a quality department
- Strong leadership skills
- IATF 16949 lead auditor certification (is a big plus)
- Familiar with IATF 16949 and ISO 14001 regulations
- Familiar with best practices to ensure quality on the floor
- Familiar with SPC, FMEA, Control Plans, Root Cause Analysis, Poke Yoke, TQM, Claim Management, Six Sigma and Kaizen
- Strong analytical skills
- Flexible to work in a dynamic work environment with international exposure – team player
- Loyal and dependable