A crucial role in ensuring quality assurance and control of the final product, and compliance with the standards and procedures of our client, a major player in the production of plastic packaging within the FMCG industry.
|· Non-remote/Non-hybrid||· Reports to Plant Manager (hierarchically) and Quality Director (functionally)|
|· Location – St Louis, Missouri||· Packaging Industry|
|· Travel – none||· International Work Environment|
Our client is an international company with a global presence. The client manufactures flexible and rigid packaging (tubes, caps and closures, jars, bottles). Furthermore, the company has been focusing on very high-quality products with an eye on optimizing the manufacturing process. The company’s efforts are focused on making industrial processes and organization flexible and easily replicable. The company is continually striving for growth and success, while maintaining a strong, positive workforce. The company’s mission is to deliver state-of-the-art products by consistently investing in R&D, employee development, and by improving production processes to provide the most superior customer service along with the most innovative solutions.
The Quality Manager main focus will be to follow and supervise the application of safety rules according to company’s policies and regulations. You will maintain order, organization and cleanliness in your assigned areas, working by following the correct workplace hygiene practices and making sure your team (4 QC and 1 Quality Lead) will properly follow the same guidelines. You will ensure maximum efficiency within the production area and coordinate internal resources to identify and resolve non-conformities, acting as a leader and providing preventive and corrective actions to put in place and ensuring proper communication with clients. You are an expert in guaranteeing the implementation of internal audits to satisfy ISO and Food Safety Certification standards and you will ensure the correct calibration of all laboratory instruments.
Other relevant duties include, but are not limited to:
- Leading, coordinating and supporting the Quality Team managing priorities, eliminating bottlenecks and addressing critical issues to ensure maximum efficiency in production.
- Promoting successful long-term business strategies by using effective two-way communication.
- Ensuring smooth integration and communication with other functions.
- Proposing relevant changes to continuous improvement processes, methods and practices of quality control in accordance with client’s and internal quality standards.
- Verifying quality reports, reporting relevant issues to the Plant Manager if necessary.
- Guaranteeing the correct execution of the quality control plan for new and existing products, supporting the team in the measurement activities, if necessary.
- Providing support in the industrialization of new products and the implementation of processes or materials, supervising process performance.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or equivalent experience.
- 5 years minimum experience working in the Quality department of an ISO certified manufacturing company, preferably in plastic packaging for the food industry.
- 3 years minimum experience in managerial position.
- Willing to embrace a culture of teamwork and contributing to make the work environment positive and stable.
- Superb organizational skills as well as leadership skills.
- Ability to work in the US without visa sponsorship.
For more information contact Luca Viggiano