For further growth of one of our automotive clients in Auburn, AL, the Quality Engineer, under the supervision of the Quality Manager, will be given the opportunity to assist in the planning, development, implementation, communication and maintenance of the quality systems, policies, documentation, data, and customer-specific requirements. Our client is looking for an initiative-taking candidate with an engineering background in the automotive industry who is ready for a challenging long-term opportunity with a growing company.
Key responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Identifies and analyzes issues, bugs, defects, and other problems, particularly when problems recur in multiple products; recommends and facilitates solutions to these issues.
- Maintains compliance with federal, state, local, and organizational laws, regulations, guidelines, and policies.
- Reviews customer feedback and understands customer demands and expectations of products and services.
- Manages waste in production and improving efficiency within production processes
- Creates production plans for new products with a focus on quality.
- Assesses the quality of a product or services through a variety of stress tests.
- Works with management teams to provide recommendations and solutions to quality issues.
- Reports on the quality of products and/or services throughout all phases of production.
- Assesses and reviews all materials provided by suppliers to ensure overall quality.
- Investigates root causes of defects and recommends solutions for quality issues.
- Onboards and trains new quality control team members.
- Stays up to date with new quality control techniques and methods.
- BS in engineering discipline, or experience in this field.
- Strong background in the automotive industry (OEM, Tier 1, or Tier 2)
- 7 years of relevant experience (related to customer, supplier, or plant quality)
- FMEA process understanding / GD&T / MSA
- Knowledge of PPAP and SPC / IATF 6949
- Excellent communication skills to interact with all team members and customers
- Additional language skills (Spanish or German) language skills are helpful
80-90K + bonus