Our client UNOX Commercial ovens | UNOX innovates and provides technologically advanced cooking solutions for the food service industry while prioritizing a supportive workplace culture that nurtures both professional growth and personal fulfillment for our global team. This dedication has resulted in UNOX achieving numerous Great Place to Work® certifications across various countries, including Italy, the USA, Australia, Mexico, Malaysia, and many more.
The position & and the functions:
On behalf of our client, YER USA is looking for a Purchasing and Materials planner that manages purchasing and ensures that material resources are consistent with production schedules and sales targets. The Purchasing and Materials Planner ensures the appropriate supply of cost-efficient and high-quality materials required to maintain steady production and product delivery. The Purchasing and Materials Planner works with the orders management and manufacturing teams to achieve production throughput objectives consistent with company and customer requirements. He/She is also a valuable role model for the entire organization and an active contributor to Great Place to Work.
In this role, you will:
- Manages end-to-end material flow, overseeing manufacturing planning, PO execution, ERP purchasing, and internal distribution.
- Collaborates on inventory management conducts sales data analysis, and contributes to production planning and material execution.
- Ensures materials meet specifications and quality standards, and are cost-efficient.
- Generates purchase orders, ensures material quality and cost efficiency, and coordinates with departments to achieve on-time deliveries and service levels.
- Tracks production volume and purchasing trends, schedules material supply, liaises with suppliers and sales leadership and manages inventory issues.
- Drives continuous improvement through a people-oriented, process-driven approach, prioritizing sales, company objectives, and customer experience optimization.
- Prepares cost estimates and performance reports.
- Manages materials using (Kanban, JUNJO, etc) Lean’s system-based management & and contributes to the Kaizen system.
- Monitors material in-bound, locations, and internal distribution maintaining the ERP accurately and keeping up to date.
To be successful in this role you need:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3-5 years of relevant experience in a similar role working for a manufacturing company
- Knowledge of Kaizen and Lean principles is a plus.
- SAP experience or similar ERP required.
- Warehouse management knowledge and experience preferred.