- Great at purchasing and procurement and extremely good at quality control, supply chain and logistics?
- Thrilled about playing a key role in Polykemi’s North American growth journey?
- Excited about being part of a 50+ year-old innovative Swedish company with a global footprint in high-quality plastic compounds?
- Happy in a company culture where everyone matters and where the team is hungry to always find a better way of doing things? At Polykemi this is called “Going for Gold”
Our client, Polykemi, is seeking an experienced and savvy Purchasing Manager to its brand-new plant in Charlotte, NC. This is where the company is investing more than 10M in building its own manufacturing facility for high-quality plastic compounds to better serve its customers in North America. Polykemi was founded in 1968 in Ystad, south Sweden. Today, this third-generation family-owned company, has production facilities on three continents with clients all over the world. It’s an ambitious, fast-growing company that takes great pride in offering customized plastic compounds products with such unique, creative solutions that no one can compete with them on equal terms—a bragging right they have earned. For more information watch this video and visit Polykemi.com
About the Position:
As Purchasing Manager, you will be responsible for the procurement of raw plastic materials, recyclable plastic products, capital production equipment and other supplies, and monitoring energy consumption for efficiently operating Polykemi’s manufacturing facility. This includes developing and executing strategies using best practices for RFP processes, bidding, negotiations, and supplier development. The ideal candidate will get a thrill from translating Polykemi’s business goals into sound supplier relationships and customer success. We expect you to be comfortable in a small, entrepreneurial, flat, and very collaborative team environment where communication is key. This role reports directly to the CEO of Polykemi Manufacturing LLC and will play a key role in the company’s procurement strategy within the company’s U.S’ Division. Travel of up to 20% of the time is to be expected, mostly domestic, some international.
Main Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Develop, lead and manage tactical and operational procurement and supply chain strategy
- Optimize inventory, procurement, and supply chain processes to create cost efficiencies and agility
- Establish and implement KPIs to meet company goals
- Develop category strategies for raw materials and
- Develop and oversee relationships with vendors and supplier including negotiating contracts including implementing quality agreements with key suppliers
- Ensure a safe work environment by meeting and exceeding environmental, health, and safety requirements and goals.
- Develop resource budget, monitor financial information, and adjust budgets as needed to optimize profitability
- Track and report key metrics to reduce expenses and improve effectiveness.
- Ensure on-time delivery of materials and services at a competitive cost and in compliance with all company guidelines.
- Oversee inventory to ensure that warehouse is sufficiently stocked
Main Tasks & Responsibilities cont.
- Conduct internal and external audits of business processes to continuously improve operations, meet new strategic goals, adapt to changing market conditions and act on new business opportunities.
- Handle complaints regarding materials and resolve grievances together with internal technical team
- Participate in international project teams; collaborating and sharing best practices to build operational excellence and drive continuous improvement projects
- Stay up to date on industry news and trends, products, services, competitors, relevant information about legacy, existing, and emerging technologies, and the latest product-line developments.
- Uphold Polykemi’s values of: Professionalism, Respect, Responsibility, Honesty, and Interaction
Your Work Experience & Education:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Supply Chain Management, or related discipline
- 6+ years’ experience in a related position with a proven track record in optimizing purchasing and supply chain processes
- Experience negotiating and understanding complex contracts
- Proficient in MS office Suite, ERP, and CRM systems
- In-depth knowledge of various business functions & operations including personnel matters
- Servant leadership qualities is necessary along with experience in building team excellence where empowerment, accountability & integrity are central pillars
- Experience from working in a multi-cultural, international company is a plus
Your Skills, Traits & Style:
- A true team player with the ability to work independently; motivated by being part of a non-hierarchical, high pace, innovative and ambitious international company
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written; ability to interface and gain trust cross functionally
- Analytical with an affinity to problem solving, negotiating and time-management.
- Outstanding stakeholder management skills
- Solid customer service skills with the ability to build and maintain strong, long-lasting vendor relationships
- High energy, drive, and self-motivation.
- Pragmatic self-starter—you get things done.
- Hands-on, Can-do, Can-try approach.
What We Offer
- An excellent team-focused work environment with visibility for your efforts along with professional growth opportunities.
- An opportunity to be a part of a truly innovative and fast-growing international company.
- Competitive compensation package and benefits