A crucial position for contributing to our client’s daily purchase operations of machines, IT services, office and building services and products in an efficient and cost-efficient manner.
- Machinery Industry
- Reports to General Manager
- Monday to Friday (8am-5pm)
- International Work Environment
Our client is a European privately-owned company, synonymous for technology and quality in the manufacturing of special heavy equipment. The US headquarters is in the north part of the Greater Atlanta area and employs 25+ people. The company is continuously striving for growth and success, while maintaining a strong, positive workforce. Their mission is to deliver innovative solutions with the use of state-of-the-art equipment. They also regularly invest in R&D, employee development, and improving production processes to achieve the highest customer satisfaction.
In this role of Purchasing Coordinator, you will be responsible to purchase machines (from HQ overseas), IT services, office and building services and products in an efficient and prudential manner. You would initiate purchase orders, verify receiving orders and process them in the system. You will work directly with different departments and keep track of the inventory.
You are a well-organized and detail-oriented professional, who has multi-tasking skills and know to work in a fast-paced environment. You are an independent worker who respect company requirements, has a professional look and knows how to be pro-active and take initiative. You have an international mindset as you would often dialogue with the Italian HQ.
The focus will be to achieve cost savings goals and finding cost-effective alternatives when sourcing products and/or services. Building a close working relationship with suppliers will be fundamental in this position, as you will be called to resolve any issues that arise by reaching out and handling the process with the suppliers.
- High School Diploma or GED is required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Economics or related field is preferred.
- 3-5 years purchasing and negotiation experience
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel (formulas, tables, etc.) and Outlook is required.
- Ability to communicate professionally with internal and external clients and stakeholders, is required
- General Negotiation Skills.
- Effective problem-solving and decision-making skills are required.
- Strong organizational skills are a must.
- Legally authorized to work in the USA without. NO sponsorship available.