About this vacancy
Our Danish client Power Stow based out of Norcross, GA is currently searching an experienced Project Engineering Specialist for their newest product, Transfer Belt. This is a newly created position, designed to support the further development of the service team and the manufacturing setup in Norcross, GA.
The Project Engineering Specialist, under the direction of the Executive VP of Operations, will be given the opportunity to be the technical specialist and main customer support contact person for a new product. The candidate will be heavily involved in interfacing with airport baggage handling and facilities personnel in the U.S., Canada and Latin America. You will be successful with your knowledge of the airline industry, especially baggage systems and facilities activities. Our client is looking for a self-starter who is driven for success and capable to successfully interact at all levels of the customer organization, from the President down to the ramp attendants. The position will require domestic and international traveling (~50 %).
Essential functions include, but are not limited to:
- Support Power Stow Americas, Inc. technical and logistics efforts in airport environments as required
- Interface directly with airport baggage handling and facilities personnel on assigned projects
- Proactively interface between airport contacts and Power Stow Americas, Inc. company management
- Maintain accurate records, including client meeting reports, expense reports, and other documentation
- Build and maintain ongoing awareness of competitors new products, activities and other research
- Perform other tasks and duties as assigned
Our client Power Stow presents a unique combination of experience and innovation and is a world-leading provider of tailor-made solutions for ground support equipment – Equipment they design, manufacturing and install across the globe. Power Stow was founded in 2003 by Martin Vestergaard, a well-known figure on the international ground support equipment scene through his affiliation with Company Vestergaard. The company is domiciled in rural surroundings about 40 km from Copenhagen in Denmark and operates globally. The initial prototype was built in 2004 and tested under harsh, everyday conditions in Copenhagen Airport and the Rollertrack Conveyor and has been part of the daily operations in Copenhagen Airport ever since. Since then, Power Stow has built and delivered Power Stow Rollertrack Conveyors to airports all around the world and it has proved the superior performance through cost-effective loading and offloading of passenger baggage on the ramp on an everyday basis.
- University or college degree in electrical or mechanical engineering, or an acceptable combination of education and experience
- 3 – 5 years of direct work experience in an airport baggage systems / facilities environment
- Professional demeanor, style and appearance
- Exceptional written and oral communications, listening and presentation skills
- Self-motivated, with high energy and an engaging level of enthusiasm
- High level of integrity and work ethic
- Fluent Spanish a plus