On behalf of our client, Refresco North America, the world’s largest independent bottler for retailers and A-brands, we are currently seeking talented Project Engineers to strengthen their engineering team. You will be responsible for different projects in the Refresco facilities. The position can be based at one of their facilities in San Bernardino or Fontana, CA.
This position can also be home-based in California, Washington, Utah, or Arizona, as long it’s relatively close to a major airport.
Depending on location, you must be flexible/willing to travel up to 75% of your time.
Refresco is the world’s largest independent bottler for retailers and A-brands in Europe and North America. They combine production of retailer brands and contract manufacturing for branded beverage companies on an effective multiuser production platform that benefits from scale advantages and additional services. Their global supply chain expertise and local innovation capabilities offer an almost unlimited variety of soft drinks, fruit juices and other beverages, manufactured to individual customer specifications and requirements.
Refresco North America operates 26 plants at different locations across the North-East, West, Midwest, Canada, plus one in Mexico. The company’s head office is in Tampa, FL.
Company website: https://www.refresco.com/en
In the position of the Project Engineer, you will report to the Director of Engineering and be responsible for moderate to complex project planning and execution for various business opportunities. In the role you will be part of an engineering team responsible for projects in all Refresco facilities. You can expect to be responsible for the execution of medium to large scale projects in the region including line upgrades, process upgrades, new marketing initiatives and building extensions.
- Development of regional budgets, writing projects, managing suppliers and execute schedules.
- Responsible for execution of medium to large scale projects including new production lines, Batching/blending systems, production line upgrades, new product initiatives, and plant cost savings initiatives
- Assisting the Plant Managers in developing capital budgets.
- Communicate with all departments involved in order to guarantee efficient execution of projects.
- Provide technical support throughout the company and solutions as needed.
- Maintain pertinent engineering documents for all plants.
- Ensure compliance to all OHSA and environmental regulatory and corporate standards as it relates to projects. Investigate and identify root causes of any non-compliance.
- Implements and understands FDA or regulatory requirements as necessary.
- Ensures compliance with Quality System regulations and safe working practices.
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering discipline; mechanical, or electrical preferred.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in internal and external Project Management, maintenance operations, and/or construction required.
- Advanced proficiency level- should be able to demonstrate the ability to perform complex assignments, give technical guidance to others at a journeyman level.
- Computer literate, with proficiency with AutoCad.
- Alan Bradley PLC experience/knowledge would be great.
- Comprehension of internal and external building designs, and the ability to read blueprints.
- Knowledge of equipment assembly, construction, automated equipment, water processing equipment, and maintenance techniques.
- Good verbal and written communication.
- Flexible/willing to travel up to 75%, depending on location.
- Bilingual/excellent Spanish language skills is a big plus.
- Highly competitive compensation package including excellent benefits.
- Excellent career opportunity with growing international company.