Our client, Rossini North America, is an innovative and entrepreneurial manufacturer of rollers and carrier sleeves designed and created using the most innovative techniques and materials. The company has seven production plants in Europe, America and Asia, and an impressive network of commercial offices. The North American HQ is located in Suwanee, GA.
The Production Shift Supervisor reports to the Production Manager and is responsible for the production schedule and the order planning and the supervision of around 20 machine operators. He/she will oversee the day-to-day operation of one shift and be responsible for communicating job expectations to the employees to achieve optimal production.
- Oversees first shift employees the production process to ensure products are produced in a timely manner and are produced within quality guidelines.
- Checks constantly the Production Schedule to determine if any changes need to be made.
- Observes Machine Operators throughout the shift, and trains and develops new and existing employees. Provides feedback on work processes
- Assigns Operators to the machines based on daily needs while ensuring each machine has proper work load based on production needs.
- Collects daily Production Logs from the Operators at end of shift and brings to Production Office to compile reports. Checks status of production with the Order Planner.
- Provides feedback to Production Manager on all employee related matters (PTO requests, absences, work performance, etc.)
- Assists on the floor the machine operators when needed.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
- Previous supervisory experience in a manufacturing environment
- Excellent teamwork and communications skills
- Demonstrated proactive mindset and a very hands-on attitude.
- Attention to details
- Familiarity with OSHA/Safety Guidelines preferred
- Mechanical/Technical Diploma preferred.