Our client, STIHL, is a world leader and global manufacturer of Outdoor Power Equipment and headquartered in Germany with manufacturing facilities around the globe. Since revolutionizing the forestry industry in Germany with the first electric chainsaw in 1926, the STIHL name has remained synonymous with outstanding innovations, high-quality products and comprehensive service.
The U.S. headquarters in Virginia Beach, VA, STIHL Inc. has grown from 50 employees in 1974, assembling one model of chainsaw, to over 2,100 employees, working on our 150 acre campus, to assemble, produce, market and support a full range STIHL products. Today STIHL Inc. manufactures over 80 models of chainsaws and outdoor power equipment in our more than 1 million square feet of state-of-the-art manufacturing facilities. STIHL is the number one selling brand of gasoline-powered handheld outdoor power equipment in America sold exclusively through a network of more than 10,000 authorized local STIHL Dealers from coast to coast and exported from the U.S. to more than 80 countries worldwide.
STIHL has engaged us in the search for an energetic and detail-oriented Product Service Specialist for its North American Headquarters in Virginia Beach, VA.
In this compelling and exciting position, the Product Service Specialist will monitor the US market for technical product issues as well as report product issues, prioritize effectively and convincingly, gather samples and work with colleagues in worldwide technical service to resolve issues. Additionally, will provide comprehensive product service support for assigned product groups with the goals of maximizing market acceptance and market share of products sold by STIHL Inc. Previous experience in the OPE industry is highly preferred.
Your high-energy level, ability to motivate, enthusiasm to participate a dynamic team who strives for excellence and your passion for Outdoor Power Equipment as well as your eagerness to succeed are most valued.
Objectives and Key Responsibilities
- Effectively identifies, prioritizes, and resolves product and warranty issues for assigned products. Coordinates resolution of product issues.
- Creates executive level reports and presentations.
- Investigates product issues which includes visiting and interviewing distributors, dealers, and end-user customers to gather information and identify root causes.
- Identifies and works with customers to resolve product issues caused by improper use or improper repair and maintenance procedures.
- Provides technical service and warranty support for assigned product group to STIHL distributors, dealers, end-user customers, STIHL Inc. Sales & Marketing Dept., STIHL Inc. Product Information Department, STIHL Inc. Customer Service Dept. and other individuals within the company as requested.
- Communicates with STIHL Inc. Technical Services staff, Field Testing staff, Customer Service technical support staff, Training department and Product Management department providing concise information regarding product technical information and product issues. Collaborates with STIHL Inc. technical training department to develop accurate and relevant technical training information.
- Identifies service support and service diagnostic needs that can take advantage of access, integration and use via the internet and connected devices.
- Provides service support for trade shows, industry events, product demonstrations, service training, sales meetings, end-user groups, company sponsored events, and other events as directed by supervisor.
- Assume additional related responsibilities as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related discipline or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Performs work under general supervision. Handles moderately complex issues and problems, and refers more complex issues to higher-level staff.
- Basic to intermediate computer and Microsoft Software knowledge, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Access. .
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Advanced analytic and data visualization skills utilizing MS Excel, Powerpoint, Access, SQL databases and other programs.
- Strong ability to communicate and convince with data.
- Ability to create concise executive level presentations utilizing charts, graphs and other visualizations.
- Advanced understanding and experience in repair and maintenance of small 2-cycle and 4-cycle engines and/or electric and battery powered equipment.
- German or Spanish language proficiency (written, verbal and technical) preferred.
- Must be able to travel overnight occasionally by road and/or air