TenCate Protective Fabrics is the global leader in the design and production of protective fabrics for the emergency response, industrial, and military markets. TenCate sets the industry pace by creating first-to-market, breakthrough solutions based on unmatched scientific expertise.
TenCate protects for a living. The comprehensive product range is manufactured to strict standards in the United States. Through state-of-the-art technology, TenCate has the ability to ensure consistent quality and through an extensive network can also assure product availability and shorter lead times for deliveries.
The core objective of this position is to be in charge of the Emergency Response portfolio and help TenCate develop a new range of products.
Market focus: Identify market problems, quantify opportunities and ensure these are consistent enough to generate profit
Strategy focus: Communicate opportunities to management as the “voice of the market” with business rationale (market plans/business plans) for pursuing the opportunity, including financial forecasts and risk assessments
Development focus: Empower sales effort by defining a clear product launch plan, constantly monitoring and maintaining existing products performance level, overall supported by modern sales and marketing tools
Duties & Responsibilities
- Portfolio management and strategy development
- Obtain market and competitor information for pricing analysis, product positioning and product enhancements
- Translate product properties to customers’ benefits and communicate these in an appealing way to customers and end users
- Support, develop, and oversee business opportunities
- Close cooperation with the sales department regarding assortment, priorities, communications and new product launches
- Serve as a technical adviser, demonstrating products and troubleshooting product issues
- Initiate new product developments, collaborate with R&D, and monitor progress
- Willingness and ability to travel up to 25% as required
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
Portfolio Management: Identifying new product opportunities with strong value proposition by engaging with end users and industry professionals
Market Intelligence: Thorough understanding of the emergency response market, its customers, and the ability to relate to them
Product Knowledge: Technical textiles or personal protective equipment (PPE)
Characteristics: Independent, able to gain trust from internal and external stakeholders
Education and/or Experience
- 5-10 years of emergency response product management, marketing, and/or sales experience is imperative
- 4-year degree in marketing preferred