For our client, WILA USA, we are seeking to fill the vacancy of President. This is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious sales, service, and technical leader who wants to lead and further grow our client’s operations in North America. The position is based at the U.S. main office in Hanover, MD.
The primary role of the President is to manage the USA sales & service organization and the team of Senior Inside and Outside Sales Officers. Special focus includes partnering with market-leading OEM’s and Distributors, P&L responsibility, manage inventory levels while striving for the highest level of customer service, and maintaining a great working environment & spirit for the WILA staff.
Founded in 1932 with headquarters in the Netherlands, WILA is the world’s largest independent manufacturer of precision press brake tooling systems for the sheet metal industry. Gradually our client has grown from a blacksmith shop run purely on craftsmanship into a specialized, professional, and high-tech company. As a result, the regionally oriented workshop of the past has become a modern, innovative company that is active on a global scale. Our client has been awarded numerous patents and has established partnerships with most of the leading press brake manufacturers, as well as with suppliers and numerous scientists and universities all over the world.
WILA USA, a 100% WILA BV owned company, is a sales and support organization, responsible for the sales and service in the Americas, with the main office located in Hanover, MD.
Company website: https://www.wilausa.com/
- Ensure that work is done in accordance with corporate guidelines and procedures
- Drive sales, develop people by effectively communicating successes and opportunities and monitoring progress.
- Lead Senior Business Development Managers through strategic direction and coaching to ensure that company’s goals are met and encourage a high-performance culture through accountability and effective administration
- Understand and communicate WILA global objectives and ensure that WILA USA staffing supports the company’s business plan into their individual business plans and day-to-day job activities
- Manage and monitor P&L for WILA USA.
- Oversee that management directives and objectives are in line with business strategy
- Check that local government and business laws are met.
- Clearly communicate performance expectations to WILA BV’s key Directors and how those expectations will impact the company’s overall performance.
- Develop regular communication and reporting plans to WILA BV key Directors outlining progress to plans, open issues, updates on team performance.
- Partner with Senior Management, Marketing, and Human Resources as appropriate.
Business development and strategies
- Manage a remote sales organization with Senior Inside and Outside Sales Officers by aligning strategic plans, reviewing internal operations, promoting WILA’s vision, values, and culture.
- Develop the overall WILA USA business strategy in partnerships with the Market Leading OEM’s and Distributors and align site objectives with the company’s long-term goals for recruiting, training, marketing, compliance, finance, and operations.
Demonstrated strengths in problem-solving, management, leadership, communication, interpersonal, and coaching skills.
- Provide input to corporate management on business intelligence and market opportunities
- Encourage a team culture.
- Ensure major business goals are achieved by enabling market opportunities.
- Provide strategic direction for all WILA employees in line with the Company’s global strategy.
- Lead from a compelling vision that inspires others to set high standards for themselves, work to their fullest capacity, and align around key business issues.
- Ability to establish key relationships effectively both internally as well as externally and to achieve results through others (relationship management).
- Highly competitive compensation package plus excellent benefits
- WILA USA provides an exciting career opportunity to work for an international company that is a market leader in the press brake industry. A dynamic and fast-growing company that offers good opportunities to influence your own position. The environment is open and team-oriented, providing support for each other when needed.
- BS degree preferred in Business or Engineering
- 5 years of experience in a similar leadership role
- Experience with global business is highly desired
- Sales and Marketing experience in manufacturing
- Demonstrated ability to think and act strategically
- Proven track record of success in sales management
- Experience in the sheet metal industry is a plus
- Clear and effective communicator
- Motivated team player
- Willing/flexibility for frequent travel, primarily nationwide