About this vacancy
On behalf of one of our international clients, YER USA is currently searching an experienced President & CEO to manage subsidiaries in Schenectady, NY & Cleveland, OH.
The CEO is responsible for providing strategic and operational leadership for the company and will work closely with the company’s CFO, Board of Directors, and senior leadership team.
Main tasks and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Plan, develop, implement, and direct the organization’s operational and fiscal function and performance.
- Act as a strategic partner by developing and implementing the company’s plans and programs.
- Analyze and make recommendation on the impact of long-range growth initiatives, planning, and introduction of new strategies and regulatory actions.
- Develop credibility and authority for the leadership team by providing accurate analysis of budgets, reports and financial trends and operational procedures to assist the CFO, BOD and senior executive team.
- Create, improve, implement, and enforce policies and procedures of the organization that will improve operational and financial effectiveness of the company.
- Communicate effectively and establish credibility throughout the organization and with the Board of Directors as an effective developer of solutions to business challenges.
- Improve the planning and budgeting process on a continual basis by educating departments and key members of corporate leadership.
- Optimize the handling of banking relationships and work closely with CFO to foster and grow strategic financial partnerships.
- Work with finance team to develop a solid cash flow projection and reporting mechanism, which includes setting a minimum cash threshold to meet operating needs.
- Act as a strategic advisor and consultant offering expert advice on contracts, negotiations, or business deals that the corporation may enter.
- Evaluate company’s financial, operational, and sales and marketing structures to plan for continual improvements and a continual increase of operating efficiencies.
- Mentor and interact with members of staff at all levels to foster growth and encourage development among senior executive team and all members of staff.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related, MBA preferred
- 5-10 years of industry experience in a similar role (C-level)
- Strong operational background and business development mind-set
- Strong leadership experience
- Previous work experience in union environment would be helpful
- Ability to train, develop and manage large executive team
- Executive presence and ability to maintain calm demeanor in high stress environments
- International matrix organization experience
- Some travel (<20%) to Cleveland, OH and to the company headquarters in Switzerland