Based in North Atlanta with domestic and some international traveling (50-75%)
As PLC Programmer for our client you oversee the planning and programming of single machines up to fully automatic packaging lines from the initial development to completion.
On behalf of our client in North Atlanta I am currently searching a PLC Programmer / Controls Engineer that can help install, commission, and service the packaging machinery in the US, Canada, and Mexico (primarily the US). For further expansion and continued success, the candidate will be given the opportunity to help our client to grow their business and maintain the status as market leader. Our client is looking for a sharp, capable, and energetic individual that can not only problem solve issues on the machines, but help ensure our client is utilizing the latest in automation technology. Our client offers future growth potential to move into a technical project engineer role.
Key responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Handling the power-up, I/O check-out, commissioning and de-bugging of client’s machinery drop-shipped from Europe to customers’ plants
- Training customer personnel on client’s machinery
- Phone support for troubleshooting with customers
- Product concept and film testing in client’s facility for potential new customers
- Writing PLC programs (based off standard client’s code) for machines assembled in the US
- Participate in research and development for client’s machinery
Since the company was founded in 1975 our client has become a leading supplier of end-of-line packaging machinery in a variety of industries (building materials, food-beverage, appliance, chemical, furniture etc.) and cold end packaging equipment for glass container plants. With more than 500 employees, international production locations and branches, our client is one of the top addresses for packaging machines for pallet load security. The company is expanding and currently building a brand-new plant and office in the North Atlanta Area.
- Some college or technical school experience in a related field (mechatronics; controls engineering; automation, etc.)
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience programming Allen Bradley PLCs (RS Logix 5000, SLC & PLC 500)
- Working knowledge of Allen Bradley electrical components and motion control (VFDs/Servo)
- Ability to at least write and comprehend PLC ladder logic is a MUST
- General working knowledge of electrical systems and schematics
- Ability to troubleshoot automated equipment
- Ability to handle basic mechanical tools
- Previous robotic and advanced controls/automation engineering experience is desired
- Ideally additional experience with Siemens PLC and automation systems (S5, S7, TIA)
- Mechanical skills (rigging, welding, parts fabrication) helpful
- Additional language skills (Spanish, German, Hungarian) preferred