On behalf of our client, Bluestone Metals and Chemicals with headquarters in Mooresville, NC, we are currently seeking a talented Plant Manager/Process Engineer for their Chemical Manufacturing Plant, Bluestone Specialty Chemicals, LLC., in Joliet, IL. The ideal candidate has a strong chemical (non-organic) process engineering background combined with at least 3 years’ hands-on management experience in a manufacturing plant.
Bluestone Metals & Chemicals is the global distribution arm of Specialty Metals Resources group (SMR). It is supplying high-quality products (Metals & Chemicals) of Cobalt, Nickel, Copper, Iodine, Molybdenum, Tungsten, Selenium, etc…
Products are widely used in various industries such as Glass, Ceramics, Pigments, Catalyst, Animal Feed, Powder Metallurgy, Agriculture, Surface Finishing, Paints & Coating, Pharma and other specialty chemicals applications. The company’s offices & warehouses are spread on a global scale with permanent locations in North America, Europe & Asia.
The company’s headquarter for their U.S. operations is located in Mooresville, NC. The company’s manufacturing plant in Joliet was acquired by SMR in 2019 and named Bluestone Specialty Chemicals, LLC. The facility produces Copper, Nickel and Cobalt chemicals for a variety of applications and markets in North America.
Company website: https://www.bluestonemc.com/
In the position of Plant Manager, you will play a key role in the company’s future success. You will be responsible for the day-to-day operations of the entire manufacturing facility to include safety, quality, efficiencies and meeting customer expectations. This includes driving strategic plans that ensure that production goals are met in the most cost-effective manner delivering expected financial results.
The position also includes the technical responsibility for the chemical manufacturing processes at the plant.
Based on your chemical engineering background, you will be hands-on involved in process- and equipment improvements, capital investment evaluations, and act as the key point of contact for any critical process questions and/or issues on a daily base.
Key Functions and Responsibilities:
- Ensures that the facility provides the highest quality products produced in the most efficient manner within budgeted costs. Implements systems to effectively manage production schedules properly supporting the business.
- Leads the overall strategic planning efforts for the plant which include process improvement initiatives, capital planning, and resources.
- Manages the overall safety, quality, scheduling, production, shipping, maintenance and other administrative functions for the facility.
- Strives to maintain a positive and safety culture for all employees. Conducts safety walks of the facility on a weekly basis.
- Provides leadership, trains, develops and motivates staff to optimize the workforce. Delivers performance reviews and any feedback to the team as needed.
- Analyze process problems using structured problem-solving techniques
- Scope, design, and manage multiple capital projects to improve safety performance, process unit through put, product quality and cost competitiveness
- Design engineering justifications, project schedules, cost analysis, and spending authorization documentation for projects
- Act as Project Manager for assigned capital projects due to being suitable, qualified by experience, education, training, or any combination thereof
- Conduct safety and design reviews to ensure compliance with engineering best practices, plant engineering specifications and management of change process.
- Act as the plant engineering representative on large corporately managed projects.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of the plant’s capital plan.
- Monitor yields and make recommendations for bill of material adjustments, capital project accounting, and purchase requisitions.
- Competitive compensation and benefits package.
- In this position, you will report directly to the Managing Director of Bluestone Metals & Chemicals.
- Great career opportunity within a fast-growing international company.
- Degree in Chemical Engineering
- Minimum of 5 years chemical process engineering experience in a manufacturing plant.
- Proven capabilities and good understanding of non-organic chemical process engineering aspects such as:
- Chemical and physical unit operations
- Process equipment
- Reaction chemistry and technology
- Fluid dynamics, thermodynamics
- Process control systems
- Teamwork and team leadership, ability to manage resources, excellent communication skills, interpersonal skills, attentive to detail, strong drive and strong results orientation.
- Willing to go the extra mile; “roll-up your sleeves attitude” – team player.