Our client, Genan, a Danish environmental company with a global presence is seeking a goal driven and highly motivated Plant Manager for its US HQ in Houston, TX, to support its continued growth and team performance of this 24/7 production facility. Genan is a people and values driven company—just as passionate about its customers and products as it is about its sustainability impact for a greener planet. It is the largest and most technologically advanced tire recycler in the world, serving clients in a variety of industries. Genan boasts more than 25 years of experience in tire recycling counting a total of six state-of-the-art factories – one in Denmark, one in Portugal, three in Germany and one in the USA. Sustainability is the company’s core value, and by turning huge volumes of end-of-life tires into new resources, Genan helps solve an immense, global waste problem. The ideal candidate will have a desire to make a big impact and get a thrill from playing a pivotal role in contributing to the company’s continued success while upholding Genan’s values of Sustainability, Transparency, Quality and Innovation. You’ll work alongside a team of down-to-earth colleagues who are just as dedicated and ambitious as you are in their respective areas of expertise. The plant manager reports directly to the Group COO with a dotted line to the CEO of Genan’s US operations and is a member of the US management team. For more inspiration: www.genan.us
What You’ll Be Doing…more specifically
The plant manager is responsible for the smooth and efficient daily operations of Genan’s 24/7 plant overseeing temporary and permanent employees, production schedules, worker and plant safety, as well as directing and coordinating processing and packaging of products. You will be the central connection point for sales, logistics, intake, quality, environmental, safety and operations, which means that no two days are alike, and you need to be comfortable with multi-tasking and make decisions on the fly.
- Ensure profitable plant productivity, throughput and cost goals are achieved through effective production scheduling and utilization of resources and materials, rigorous quality control, and disciplined root cause analysis.
- Develop and oversee plant manufacturing budget.
- Lead, manage, and develop production employees to ensure that the necessary capabilities and culture exist to maintain sustainable and effective operations.
- Oversee service and maintenance for optimal efficiency for planned production.
- Maintain an organized work environment that ensures the safety of all employees and ensure that the production team is adequately trained.
- Travel of 20-30 days annually, primarily within the US and Europe. Must have a valid passport.
- Supervise and evaluate performance of production personnel (Shift supervisors, workers etc.)
- Ensure that the highest safety standards are adhered to and comply with environmental regulations and managing waste to reduce Genan’s carbon footprint.
- Prepare reports and analyze production data to make recommendations for improving plant productivity and product quality.
What We Expect from You
Your Personality and Leadership Style will Matter
The right person for this role will have a huge desire to create a team that’s the best that it can be. You need to enjoy building cross functional relations where your outgoing personality along with superior communications skills and stakeholder management will be keys to your success. Your hands-on knowledge of continuous improvements of plant productivity will be huge assets along with your high sense of urgency, commitment and initiative….and of course passion for delivering top-notch products. You’ll be expected to uphold the highest standards in work environment safety and superior customer service while supporting and driving strategic, operational and financial goals.
Your Work Experience & Education
- BS/BA Degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering.
- A minimum of 8 to 10 years of progressive related work experience, including a minimum of 5 years in a Production/Plant Management role leading a manufacturing team running 24/7.
- Ability to manage teams of up to 40–60 employees in total.
- Direct experience implementing standard operating procedures for production, warehouse, maintenance, and quality functions in a production plant environment. LEAN Certification a plus.
- Demonstrated leadership in managing employee safety and environmental compliance.
- Understanding of IT solutions for production environments.
Your Skills, Traits & Style
- Top-notch contemporary leadership skills.
- Outstanding English communication and presentation skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to build and maintain strong, long-lasting relationships.
- Organized with strong attention to detail.
- Structured and analytical with an affinity to complex problem solving and time-management.
- High energy and drive.
- Creative—not afraid of trying and learning new things.
- Pragmatic—you get things done.
- Hands-on, Can-do, Can-try approach.
What We Offer is More than Just a Job…
- A competitive compensation.
- Excellent health care benefits and 401 K Plan.
- A creative, innovative and entrepreneurial environment where individuals truly make a difference.
- A unique opportunity to be part of a fast-growing company that works tirelessly for a greener planet.
- Personal and professional development in an international environment.