- Reports to VP Industrial Operations
- Location – Congers NY
- Cosmetics industry
- Travel – 0% ·
- International Work EnvironmentCompany
Our client is a multinational company, leader in contract manufacturing cosmetics and offers the same high-quality standards and technology with a global presence and local approach through 15 commercial offices and 15 production facilities in 12 countries. It is the largest supplier in the cosmetic industry and the most important player in R&D and production of beauty products in the world. Season after season, the company interprets beauty, creating lines of products from brands in every corner of the globe.
The Plant Manager will oversee all daily operations of the plant from production and manufacturing to ensuring policies and procedures are followed. Develop processes that will maximize Safety, Quality, Service and Cost/Productivity. You will report to the VP of Industrial Operations and will plan, organize, direct and run optimum day-to-day operations in order to exceed the customers’ expectations. Your manufacturing background will also allow you to increase production, assets, capacity, and flexibility while minimizing unnecessary costs and maintaining current quality standards. Your detail orientation will determine your ability to monitor and improve Production KPIs and their variances vs target and vs standard. Very important will also be your support provided for implement strategies in alignment with strategic initiatives and providing a clear sense of direction and focus. You are a problem solver, with great time management skills and a people-person. You are also meticulous and dependable. Other relevant duties include, but are not limited to:
- Be responsible for production output, product quality and on-time shipping.
- Allocate resources effectively and fully utilize assets to produce optimal results.
- Monitor operations and trigger corrective actions.
- Share a trusting relationship with workgroup and recruit, manage, and develop plant staff.
- Collect and analyze data to find places of waste or overtime.
- Commit to plant safety procedures.
- Develop systems and processes that track and optimize productivity and standards, metrics and performance targets to ensure effective return on assets.
- Influence and learn-from-below.
- Stay up to date with latest production management best practices and concepts.
- Demonstrate continuous improvement by using lean methodologies.
- Responsible for Plant GMPc and Safety.
- Ensure 5S is adhered across the plant.
- Responsible for the P&L of the plant.
- Identify the opportunities to build operational excellence and recruit, train and lead the team.
This is a crucial role for the company, and you will have access to all the necessary support to reach your goals.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Engineering or another relevant field.
- 7-10+ years of Plant Operations, Continuous Improvement, understanding of Manufacturing Equipment, Lean Manufacturing.
- Must have advanced level of Safety, Continuous Improvement, Quality Assurance, Plant Flow and Equipment design.
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office/Excel and ERP Systems.
- Commitment to process improvement and the ability to think “outside the box”.
- Highly organized and self-motivated; committed to meet and exceed customer’s expectations.
- Team player.
- Ability to work in the US without visa sponsorship.