Our client is one of the world’s leading producers of self-adhesive label materials. A company recognized by its commitment to innovation and sustainability that employs around 3,000 people and has a revenue of around USD 1.5 billion. UPM Raflatac is part of UPM – The Biofore Company. Find out more at www.upmraflatac.com.
The ideal candidate:
You are a trustworthy and experienced Operations Manager with a passion for innovation and solid leadership skills. You have excellent communication skills and can efficiently work in a Matrix environment being highly collaborative. You enjoy working in a team-environment, within a global organization and are performance-driven and able to focus on the big picture. You exhibit UPM values: achieve together, renew with courage, trust and be trusted. You are interested in building a more sustainable future.
Provide inspired leadership and overall coordination for our growing Fletcher, NC factory operations. Will manage manufacturing operations of 50 employees that produces label stock for the pressure sensitive label industry. This position is an important member of the Business Unit Management team. Responsible to also work closely and coordinate within the matrix organization including various functional areas and other facilities. .Effectively communicate, and manage through rapidly changing business needs.
- Oversee the production process and coordination of all activities to ensure enough resources on hand. Plan along with factory management the production schedules, estimate costs and prepare budgets to ensure workflow meets required deadlines. Lead Fletcher leadership team meeting.
- Drive continuous improvement and safety culture.
- Overall responsibility of meeting factory targets.
- Establishes local food safety team, food safety targets and -policies within the factory. Involved in high profile local food safety recalls and customer claims. Allocates local resources for quality and food safety management system and CI. Accountable for quality, service and food safety performance within the factory
- Ensure and enforce cooperation between different functions
- Ensure sufficient attention and support is given by the matrix organization departments for the local operation
- Participate in Americas Management team meetings reporting on Fletcher activities/developments and representing the interests of Fletcher team.
- Perform all duties in full compliance of all laws, safety and environmental regulations, and in a manner consistent with company policies and procedures.
- Bachelors degree highly preferred with 5+years experience or any combination of education and experience equivalent to BS in Engineering,
- Business or related area and a minimum of 10 years experience managing manufacturing operations, preferably in the paper converting or adjacent industry
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to foster team work among diverse groups and provide leadership without direct authority.
- Must have good understand of business principles as applied to manufacturing and management of personnel.
Excellent benefits offered! Relocation to the area provided.