We are currently supporting our client – an international and fast-growing renewable energy company – with the search of a Planning & Control Manager.
Our client is a leader in producing electricity from renewable energy sources such as wind, solar, hydro and biomass. They sell electricity under long-term revenue contracts that ensure sustainable value for customers, stakeholders and communities. The company has been in the U.S. since 2013 and has a gross capacity of 260 MW of green power generation across plants in the USA. The global pipeline counts over 2,600 MW and the large percentage of this is actually in our country. The value creation is driving innovation through developing, financing, building and operating reliable renewable power plants and customer-oriented solutions.
The ideal candidate for this role is someone who has been responsible for budgeting, forecasting, financial data analysis, record keeping, and financial reporting to senior management. Even more important is previous experience of accounting (IFRS) and financial reporting to a European mother company. My client is looking for a person with a strategic acumen, able to review the accounting and recommend proper benchmarks for financial and operating performance measurement of the branch and the projects. Another important feature is to act as a liaison for the external auditors as well as collaborate with other departments (i. e. Project team, Asset Manager) and with Italian group controller and consolidated reporting manager.
Other relevant tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Prepare and present monthly, quarterly, annual reports following GAAP as well as IFRS GAAP.
- Manage efficiently and effectively the company budget and rolling forecast management functions.
- Prepare and present accurate variance analysis by company, business line, and project.
- Keep track and follow up with outstanding creditors.
- Comply with general office policies, and procedures.
- Responsibility for the contract management database.
- Business Administration degree and Finance/Accounting background is a must.
- 2-7 years of experience in similar roles.
- Strong knowledge and computer processing skills with emphasis in using Oracle Fusion.
- Detail orientation and excellent time management skills.
- Self-motivation with ability to learn a systematic approach to accounting and follow such an approach without direction in order to maintain financial data integrity.
- Previous experience in an international environment is crucial.
- Willing to relocate to Washington, DC.
- Ability to work in the U.S. without visa sponsorship.
- A second foreign language such as Italian, French or Spanish, is a plus.