Since its foundation in 1955, Oertli has developed from a factory for manufacturing surgical instruments to a worldwide leading provider of surgical platforms and instruments for eye surgery. The story of Oertli thrives on innovations, highlights and scientific success.
Oertli makes the difference. With its excellent surgical devices and instruments that make surgical interventions safer, easier and more efficient. With lasting innovations and new technology that have long-term impact on ophthalmology. With superb service and real added value for surgeons and OR personnel. And, in its consistent pursuit to accomplish the very best for customers, users and patients.
Oertli Instruments Inc. is the fully owned Subsidiary of Oertli Instrumente AG and is recruiting for a Phaco Development Specialist for the Midwest area, which includes OH/IL/IN/MO/KY/TN and part MI. Strong preference to reside in any of these states. This position has primary responsibility for the successful adoption and conversion of surgeon/hospital trainees with Oertli Phaco Equipment and instrumentation. This includes OR and wetlab instruction of existing cataract surgeons: the adoption and proper use of Oertli Products such as the CataRhex3 with easyPhaco. Support demonstration of key products to Phaco Development targets. Teach, model and coach personnel, to improve competency in the proper use of products, surgical technique, OR protocol and professional OR conduct.
- Achieves sales objectives within product range or assigned territory. Pursues sales leads, promotes products, close sales and arranges internal logistics;
- Responsible for creating and developing specific account and territory strategies while promoting the sale of all company products and services within the assigned territory and driving the business growth.
- Explore new business opportunities, design and implement strategic sales plan to expand customer base;
- Responsible for managing multiple priorities and sales related projects. Strong salesmanship with good analytical skills and relevant computer skills.
- Strong desire to excel and win.
- Responsible for organizing sales programs. Able to meet sales plan goals and objectives.
- Requires making individual and group presentations.
- Executing marketing strategies to extend business.
- Able to perform strong, long-lasting customer relationships.
- Schedule visits to current and prospective clients/customers; set-up demonstrations and seminars.
- Qualify sales leads, answer inquiries and maintain accurate records of activities.
- Serve as a channel of information to Oertli HQ in Switzerland about customers, markets and competition. Receive guidance concerning markets, prices, products, deliveries and competition from Oertli HQ in Switzerland.
- Provide instrument installation and qualification services to customers as needed.
- Consult customers to be the point of contact for surgeons, nurses, purchasing and management from the beginning of the sale to the installation.
- Negotiate terms and conditions.
- Attend sales phone conferences with Oertli HQ in Switzerland; maintain an up-to-date database of clients/customers for opportunity pipeline management, forecasting and CRM purposes.
- Collaborate with engineers and Oertli HQ management to support Oertli Instruments.
- Establish meaningful relationships with key decision makers and industry leaders.
- Keep abreast of market developments and latest trends in ophthalmology
- Attend seminars (local) and tradeshows (national) as required.
- Travel requirement: 50%.
- BS/Master’s degree in business administration, Biology or a related field required.
- Strong knowledge and expertise in the ophthalmic industry is a must.
- At least five years of sales experience, selling capital equipment preferred, in the ophthalmic instrument market.
- Excellent organizational, time management and multi-tasking skills.
- Accurate sales forecasting ability.
- Team player with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability and willingness to travel daily with some overnight travel (up to 50%); occasional international travel required (to visit home office in Switzerland).
- Ideally, the position is home -based: however, arrangements can be made for storage of demo equipment.
- This position is not approved for relocation assistance and a valid driver’s license is required.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Oertli Instruments Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and takes pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.