Our client, Sinch, a high growth global technology company with its US HQ in Atlanta, is expanding rapidly in North America. With more than 100 employees in the US and Canada (…and counting), it is now time for the company to add a progressive and forward-thinking People & Culture Director to the Americas leadership team to support its continued market growth and team performance. This is a people driven company—just as passionate about its customers and products as it is about its unique culture. The ideal candidate will have a desire to make a big impact and get a thrill from playing a pivotal role in contributing to the company’s continued growth and success. This role reports directly to the Chief Human Resource Officer and will be part of the Americas Leadership Team as well as the global HR Team with peers in the UK and Sweden. For more info about Sinch visit: https://www.sinch.com/
What You’ll be Doing
- Continuously create a fantastic employee experience ensuring that every employee has a great journey with the company.
- Drive and strengthen the company culture by being an inspiring champion and role model.
- Develop and retain talent by driving and creating initiatives—globally and locally—that empower employees to become the best they can be at their craft. This includes developing on-boarding programs, conducting engagement surveys and turning these into action plans, creating training and development initiatives, leading professional development workshops, succession planning and more.
- Attract and recruit top talent by developing effective strategies together with the company’s new global Talent Acquisition team.
- Regional Leadership
- Drive, Guide, Coach management team as needed to ensure great team work.
- Take ownership of employee communication of decisions or changes made.
- Oversee and manage all operational human resource functions for Americas incl. compensation and benefits.
- Payroll & Administration. Manage US HR Administrator and ensure payroll and health insurance benefits are successfully delivered.
- Manage Employee Relations
- Advise leaders as needed on human resource matters
- Support and encourage employee engagement
- Looks Matter: Oversee office environment ensuring that the company’s physical office upholds its brand, culture and experience for everyone who works at or visits the company
What We Expect from You
Your Work Experience & Education:
- Minimum of 8 years of successful, innovative and hands-on value-based HR experience in a fast-paced growth environment including building and driving culture
- Experience in driving change by developing training workshops and facilitate new initiatives
- Leadership experience
- Experience of working in a global company
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Law, Business or related field
Nice to haves:
- Technology / Software company experience
- Experience in value-based HR
Your Skills, Traits & Style:
- Broad HR background including experience in driving culture, managing employee relations, conduct performance management, and managing talent acquisition and compensation
- In-depth understanding of business and sales operations
- Outstanding English presentation and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Excellent coaching skills
- High energy and drive
- Creative—not afraid of trying new things
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship-building skills with the ability to communicate and influence at all levels in an organization at the same time as being a team-player
- Pragmatic—you get things done
- Hands-on, Can-do, Can-try approach
- High integrity with ability to instantly gain trust from managers and employees
- Accuracy and effectiveness in operational tasks
- Used to and enjoys working in fast paced, dynamic, collaborative and fun environments
What We Offer
- An opportunity to be a part of a truly innovative and fast-growing global technology company.
- An excellent team-focused working environment where your efforts will have a big impact.
- A Global Culture that empowers everyone to succeed and embraces and drives change
- A competitive salary and terrific benefits.
This is an amazing opportunity for a passionate, innovative, and driven contemporary Human Resource professional to accelerate his/her HR career in an environment where your work will have an impact every day. You’ll work alongside a team of down-to-earth colleagues who are just as dedicated and ambitious as you are in their respective areas of expertise and professionalism.
About Sinch and Its Culture
Working with Sinch means rubbing shoulders with some of the best people in the cloud communications industry, which reaches every mobile phone on the planet, in seconds or less, through mobile messaging, voice and video. The company’s expert teams are built from some of the most experienced professionals in the industry. Founded in 2008, today the company is 550 people strong globally, with a local presence in over 40 locations around the world. Sinch proudly works with some of the world’s largest and most demanding customers, including 8 out of 10 of the largest U.S. tech enterprises, as well as mobile operators all around the world
Sinch’s values—established day one by its founders—continue to be at the heart of how the company operates:
- Provide Excellent Customer Service
- Embrace and Drive Change
- Be Cost-Conscious
- One Global Network
- Listen and Learn
- Empower Others