For the past 30 years, Advanced Concrete Technologies (ACT) has been an industry leader in providing equipment and technical solutions to the concrete products manufacturing industry. Outstanding customer service, a high degree of innovation and industry leading equipment, engineered and manufactured in Germany, is what is setting this highly successful company apart from the competition. ACT does not just sell mixers, it provides entire turnkey concrete batching plants and mixing solutions for the manufacturing process including all control systems. For an inside look visit: https://concretebiz.com/
To support the continued path of growth and success, ACT is adding an Outside Sales Engineer to its sales team. In this highly visible position, you will be calling on your outstanding sales skills, fine-tuned consultative solution selling approach and strong technical background, to sell technical equipment and solutions to medium and large companies in the concrete products manufacturing industry.
This is an outstanding opportunity if you have excellent analytical and communication skills and have demonstrated ability to solve complex technical problems. Previous experience in selling capital equipment in a manufacturing environment is a must but ACT values your sales skills and technical expertise over concrete industry experience. You must have strong closing skills, be willing to find new opportunities and be able to work independently without supervision.
Homebase will be in Greenland, NH and you will be covering an assigned territory. Relocation or in-territory home office will be possible for the right candidate. Travel will be approximately 50% including the occasional visit to Germany.
– Selling technical equipment and control systems to the concrete product manufacturing industry in the Mid-West.
– Research and prequalify leads and use all avenues of business development to find and close new customers
– Understand customer requirement, provide technical solutions and work with the plant in Germany to ensure all technical aspects of the project are correctly implemented.
– Proven 5+ year background in selling capital equipment and control systems in a manufacturing environment.
– Background in the concrete equipment industry preferred but not required.
– Must have a strong technical background. A Bachelor of Engineering degree, especially in mechanical- or civil engineering, is a distinct advantage.
– Must be a hunter and closer.
– Must be comfortable supporting long sales cycles.
– Must have experience selling capital equipment and solutions that can range from hundreds of thousands to millions.
– Outstanding communication and presentation skills.
– Strong relationship building skills from plant operator up to the C-suite.
– Experience working with CRM systems, experience with Sales Force is an added advantage.
– Ability to travel extensively in the territory and some international travel.
– Comfortable working in an international company and understanding of the German culture will be an advantage.
– Competitive base salary and very attractive bonus plan
– Flexible health benefits package
– 20 days vacation