Our client, IGUS Inc., one of the world’s leading manufacturers in the industrial cable management arena, is a global company founded in Germany, with its US HQ located in Rumford, RI. The company produces industrial cable management cable carrier systems, bearings, linear technology and more products in a highly customized, customer centric and hence cellular and flexible production environment. The highly successful and rapidly growing US Organization, with currently about 450 employees, is looking for an OPERATIONS MANAGER for its manufacturing/assembly business unit Harnessing and the Energy Chain product range. This position is located at the Rumford, RI plant. The details about the company and products can be found here: https://www.igus.no/info/energychains
The Business Unit Operations Manager is responsible for operational performance with respect to Safety, Quality, Delivery and Cost. This role works closely to maximize the level of output of the production department by ensuring operating costs of the department are minimized through a lean manufacturing environment to optimize the entire value stream in the eyes of the customer. This position reports to the Operations Management Lead and oversees about 40 direct reports, including team leaders and supervisors.
You will be a good fit for this role, if you bring a technical education paired with extensive experience in operations management, ideally in a customized and cellular cable harness production/assembly environment. This position requires experience in electronics manufacturing and related standards such as IPC/WHMA-A-620/UL etc., as well as expert knowledge in lean, Agile manufacturing, SixSigma, 5S and ISO.
This position is within a highly collaborative environment and requires a hands-on personality as well as superior team management and communication skills.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES
- Ensure that jobs are manufactured correctly, cost effectively and delivered on time in accordance to customer build specification and quality requirements
- Communicate with all coworkers to ensure production output and on time delivery targets are achieved
- Plan, schedule and review workload to ensure production output and on time delivery targets are met
- Ensure that the production floor has the necessary manpower, competence, skill, knowledge, training, as well as tooling and equipment required in order to achieve production targets
- Maintain strictest quality standards and manage any quality issues in conjunction with the quality department
- Assure that capacity levels are maintained to match demand in the short term and long term
- Participate in long-range planning and budget preparation
- Work closely with customer and internal departments to proactively meet or exceed customer needs
- Occasional and limited travel to Germany and to customers within the U.S.
- Perform other duties as assigned
EDUCATIONAL AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s Degree, Engineering preferred
- Experience in electronics manufacturing and working knowledge of IPC/WHMA-A-620 required
- 3-5 years in a management role with strong customer focus
- 5+ years’ experience directly supporting operations either in a production control, manufacturing engineering, operations management or supervision role
- Demonstrated experience in lean / Agile manufacturing, Six Sigma, 5S
- Ability to prioritize work to balance multiple tasks
- Superior team building, management and communication skills
- Strong computer skills