Our client TCR Americas is a Belgian headquartered company, world leader in turnkey solutions for aviation Ground Support Equipment (GSE). TCR offers expertise in rental and operational leasing of GSE, maintenance, ramp assistance and fleet management. TCR employs approx. 1,200 people globally and is present in over 120 airports in Europe, South-East Asia, Australia and North-America. TCR is operating in a niche market in which it is market leader. The company is growing at a fast pace and introducing its unique turnkey model in the North-American market
TCR is a company where employees are at the heart of the success of the company. TCR provides not only a job, but also a long-term commitment in an environment where people can develop themselves and their careers. TCR is all about fun and passion!To support their expansion plans in North-America, TCR is looking for a passionate Operations Manager (OM). This is a challenging role which requires hands-on entrepreneurship, drive for operational excellence and focus on long-term customer relationship & organization building.
The OM will be end responsible for one or more TCR (airport) operations within North-America and independently set-up new operations in new TCR markets. The OM will grow into a position with a high-degree of self-steering with end responsibility for delivering service excellence to multiple customers and management of TCR teams, workshops, suppliers and assets at the respective airports.
This role is an amazing opportunity to become part of a fun global group and implement a new and unique TCR service model in the growing North-American market. The selected candidate will get the opportunity to help build an organization and implement an ambitious growth strategy in North-America.
More in particular, the role will focus on
- Active implementation and roll-out of safety culture (zero-harm) in operations.
- Day-to-day safety of TCR operational teams, partners and other airport stakeholders.
- Development of an organization in which empowerment, accountability & integrity are central pillars.
- Implementation of an organization with small, agile, self-steering and accountable local teams. Open communication and team involvement are key.
- Recruitment of team members.
- Drive the TCR values in your operations and make sure they are embedded in the behaviors of your team.
- Leadership involves the active use of valuable feedback from the team.
- Drive actively the implementation of a service-oriented organization to exceed customer’s expectations.
- Drive operational excellence.
- Day-to-day operational management, problem-solving and appraisal.
- Investment in workshop and workshop equipment to efficiently support operations long-term
- Logistics management such as spare parts, suppliers and airport relations.
Fleet and asset management:
- Ensure compliance with TCR and OEM maintenance standards.
- Ensure best-in-class operational asset management.
- Implementation, use and data accuracy of TCR’s fleet management systems.
- Develop and maintain positive day-to-day operational relationships with customers.
- Implement an pro-active platform for operational customer communication.
- Management of Service Level Agreements.
- Start-up of new operations.
- P&L responsibility and budgeting of the respective sites/workshops.
- Drive and implement efficiency improvement initiatives.
- Support, define and implement the TCR Americas strategy in line with the group strategy.
- initially Detroit, MI. Longer term open for discussion.
- Travel: frequent travel within North-America and occasional international travel.
- Career: amazing opportunity to help build, grow and start-up, within an international group, a new continent based on a very ambitious business plan.
- Significant leadership experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Approachable and works well will all levels of the organization.
- Results-driven, structured problem solver.
- Critical Thinking and Strong Decision-Making skills.
- Ability to manage performance, manage and drive change.
- Ability/experience in developing and mentoring staff.
- Ability to drive a culture of continuous improvement, ability to put “self-sustaining” systems/processes in place.
- Languages: fluency in English (verbal and written). Spanish is a plus.
- Excellent communicator with ability to “partner up” with all different stakeholders.
- Working knowledge of the aviation and GSE industry is a plus.
- Strong technical background or high-degree of interest to develop it.
- Ability to plan and implement operational projects.
- Strong operational management skills.
- Proven track record in people management and P&L responsibility for one or more sites in a hands-on environment.
- Successfully managing projects in a complex business.
- Distilling information from contracts and SLAs in order to arrive at appropriate commercial position.