Our client, CTEK, an international leader in high-tech battery chargers and special battery solutions is seeking to hire an energetic and self-motivated OE Account/Development Manager for its North American market.
CTEK has a global footprint offering charging solutions for consumers and OEM’s specializing in battery maintainers, professional workshops and integrated charging solutions based on DC to DC applications. CTEK also provides state-of-the-art charging solutions for the next generation of EV vehicles. CTEK’s high-end battery charge expertise satisfy not only today’s high demands on battery care but is also a high-end OEM supplier to many of the world’s most prestigious car and motorcycle manufacturers. Products can be purchased “off the shelve” for end users and workshops or they can be customized integration solutions for emergency vehicles and campers to name a few examples of other customer categories.
Since CTEK was founded in Sweden more than 10 years ago it has sold more than three million battery chargers in 60 countries. Headquartered in Vikmanshyttan, Sweden, CTEK’s North American office is in Chicago, Illinois.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an entrepreneurial and driven business development professional to join a dynamic and innovative international technology company. The candidate we are a seeking will have successful track record in business development and sales and understand the complexity of technical solution selling. As an OE Account/Development Manager, you will play a central role in strengthening and growing CTEK’s North American market position and footprint. You will be responsible for identifying (new) customers and opportunities within Automotive, Power Sport and Agricultural OE’s for the Client Brand, PRO, Integrated Solutions and (PH)EV charging systems for existing and custom offerings.
The ideal candidates will have a competitive spirit and get a thrill from playing a pivotal role in the growth and success of CTEK in the North American market. You will have the ability to identify market opportunities and understand customers’ needs while working together with CTEK’s team at its Swedish headquarters to develop the best solutions. We expect you to stay up-to-date on industry news, trends and market drivers. You need to be willing and able to travel (within N.A) up to 50% of the time, some short notice travel may be required. Some international travel is required. This role reports directly to the Global Director OE and the Executive Vice President N.A.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Establish focused solution sales strategy for North America within Automotive, Power Sports and Agriculture
- Identify opportunities, build pipeline, qualify prospects and provide solutions to generate new business from initial prospecting and preparing proposals to signed contracts
- Manage and grow accounts with existing clients
- Consistently achieve or exceed assigned quarterly & annual sales quota
- Provide timely and accurate sales forecast reporting in the company’s CRM system Salesforce and forecasting system TM1
- Provide monthly reports to management
- Become an expert in CTEK’s technology and customer solutions. Effectively communicate and market key product features and benefits to prospective clients virtually, via phone calls, emails, product demos & presentations as well as trade shows.
- Develop and maintain target customers using external data and market trends
- Identify and prepare of business cases
- Support marketing campaigns by attending trade shows, conferences and other marketing events
- Conduct technical presentations and product demonstrations to meet customer needs
- Provide pre-sales technical assistance and product education
Required and Preferred Experience and Skills
- Minimum 10 years in a similar B2B development role in automotive related industry
- Technical background in automotive is a major advantage along with existing relevant contacts within the target customer segments
- Thorough understanding of business and product development process
- Proven experience with longer sales cycle business development in technical sales
- Excellent communication and presentation skills (both written and verbal) in the America English language is a must. (Any main European languages is a plus)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and CRM systems
- Excellent listening skills with outstanding customer relations and problem-solving abilities.
- Positive attitude, self-motivated, and ambitious with an urgent desire to learn, grow, develop and excel.
- Ability to build and establish relationships with new prospects (Cold calls) and conducting business according the local business culture
- Strong organizational skills with ability to manage multiple tasks in fast-paced environments while meeting deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to work and communicate in a team-oriented sales environment that allows for collaboration to maximize results.
- Must share and be passionate about CTEK’s Core Values & Drivers of providing the best Technology, Innovation & Quality for Complete Customer Satisfaction.
Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive salary and performance-based bonus system
- Excellent Benefits
- An opportunity to be a part of a truly innovative and a fast-growing technology international company
- A great team-focused work environment with huge visibility for your efforts along with personal development in an international environment