Our client designs and manufactures suspension systems and parts for RV’s, Luxury Transportation vehicles, Ambulances and such.
Most light commercial vehicles are equipped with mechanical suspension systems. But there is a fast-growing demand for increased comfort, better drivability and more safety. Our client’s innovative air suspension systems offer these. They are ambitious, innovative and service-oriented and supply a superior product, both direct to OEM’s (major vehicle brands) and to the aftermarket (dealer groups, converters and bodybuilders).
The company already has a successful presence in the US and as part of their strategic growth plan, we are currently recruiting a National Sales Manager.
This is a great opportunity for senior Sales candidates with strong experience in national sales, preferably dealing with major OEM type of companies and long sales cycles.
Reporting up to the President of the company who seats in Europe (Netherlands), the main task of the National Sales Manager is to increase our client’s market share in North America by boarding new clients and growing the relationships with existing customers. As their products are sold via a technical sales pitch, the National Sales Manager must have affinity with the technology and must be strong in consultative, value-based selling.
- Directly sell to major OEMs of commercial and recreational vehicles.
- Manages a team of 4 territory sales representatives and lead them to sell through distribution channels and to minor OEMs in their regions.
- Drafts a sales plan per territory/region.
- Analyzes markets and indicates, identifies and lists prospects and opportunities.
- Turns the sales plan into leads/prospects.
- Establishes strong relationships with potential clients and maintains contacts with the existing customer bases.
- Records all leads and prospects in the CRM system.
- Plans and conducts sales presentations/prepares schedules and action plans.
- Visits leads/prospective clients.
- Keeps day-tot-day contact with HQ in the Netherlands.
- Works side by side with the local operations team and is an integrate part of the existing US organization.
- Proven background in technical sales.
- A minimum of 5+ years of B2B sales experience.
- Understands the way OEM’s are structured and knows how to navigate long sales cycles.
- A hands-on mentality and perseverance in sales.
- Team leadership experience is a strong plus.
- Seeks all possible entries/contacts with the potential customers.
- Experience with CRM systems.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field.
- Ability to travel extensively.
- Sales hunter who is comfortable contacting prospective clients.
- Result-oriented and realistic, with a focus on maximal results.
- A customer-oriented and service-oriented attitude.
- Great team player, both inside and outside the own company.
- Excellent negotiation skills.
- Excellent planning & organizing skills.
- Self-starter with a Competitive spirit.